Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas!

I thought I would share some cards I have been working on lately. I was bit by the Christmas bug.
I used the Cuttlebug EF Forest Branches, and sanded them to add dimension. I used Prisma Glitter to highlight the snow banks. I finished it off with Liquid Applique so that it was gently snowing.The photo is blurry, but it shows the Prisma Glitter. Ooooooo, it's so pretty.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Outdoor Denim and White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black, Outdoor Denim, Grey Flannel and Cranberry, CTMH Stamp Sets-Annotations and Snow Friends, Forest Branches EF, Liquid Applique, Prisma Glitter, Pencil Crayons.


This card I made last year. First I wrinkled the CS and then I brayered over it with a darker blue to highlight the wrinkles. The edges are sanded. I added Prisma Glitter to the wings, and Gold Embossing Powder to the halo.Again, the photo is blurry, but it shows the Prisma Glitter glittering away.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Indian Corn Blue, Vineyard Berry and White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black, Outdoor Denim and Grey Flannel, CTMH SS-Angelic Animals and Greeting Tree, Prisma Glitter, Pencil Crayons.


This card was inspired by my friend Lydia Dueck. I like the simplicity of it. I stamped the background wood grain and then stamped the pine boughs on top. I Clear Embossed berries on Cranberry CS and finished it off with a Black Hemp bow.
The 'Happy Holidays' is Gold Embossed.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Black, Bamboo and Cranberry, CTMH Ink-Desert Sand, Chocolate and Ponderosa Pine, CTMH SS-Weathered Backgrounds, Autumn's Treasures and Christmas Scripts, Gold EP, Clear EP, Black Hemp.


This card I copied out of CTMH's Autumn/Winter '06 Idea Book. It was a card kit, but I liked the colour combination, so I made from scratch. For the Christmas trees I cut triangles, and then cut little slits out of them to make it look like a tree. How cool is that? I finished the trees off with a gold brad on top.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Cocoa, Vineyard Berry, Bamboo and New England Ivy, CTMH Ink-Bamboo, New England Ivy and Black, CTMH SS-Christmas Scripts, New England Ivy Bigger Brad, Gold Brads.

This card was inspired by another CTMH Consultant (sorry, I didn't write her name down). I Gold embossed the letters, matted them, and used scallop scissors. I used Liquid Glass to attach the ribbon.
Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, Vineyard Berry and Colonial White, CTMH Ink-Vineyard Berry, CTMH SS-Adorable Backgrounds and Baroque Alphabet, Gold EP, White Grosgrain Ribbon, White Organdy Ribbon, Liquid Glass, Scallop Scissors.


I hope the Christmas card bug bites you!!
Enjoy and thanks for looking.
Deneen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails