Monday, July 20, 2009

It's A Card, It's A Box, It's Supercard!

I found a card that's part of the box, and the box has a little drawer to pull out. Now how cute is that!!




I found the instructions HERE, by Maya Stenshagen. But because they were in metric, I had to come up with imperial measurements. (On a side note--not that metric is a problem, but I didn't even realize that my cutter only had imperial on it until I went to start cutting the paper in metric...LOL).

(Click on photo to enlarge.)

STEP 1
The card/box piece:


STEP 2
The drawer piece:


STEP 3
Decorate your pieces before gluing.


STEP 4
Glue your pieces together.
And you're done!


Here's one completed with the drawer inside.

The little tag is attached using 3D Foam Squares. I used Ivory Organdy ribbon on the tag, it matches the handle on the drawer.




Here's the card/box part opened, and the drawer pulled out. I used a Stipple Brush to apply Vineyard Berry ink around the edges, to soften the look.


Recipe: CTMH Paper Pack-More To Adore, CTMH CS-Colonial White, Cocoa & Vineyard Berry, CTMH Ink-Cocoa, Vineyard Berry, Black & Grey Flannel, CTMH SS-Treasure Life, Pewter Large Conchos, Ivory Organdy Ribbon, Coluzzle Tags Template, Martha Stewart Lace Doily Punch, 3D Foam Squares, Pink Rhinestones.
Okay, so what little boy wouldn't want a box to put a few little treasures in?


The airplane is attached with 3D Foam Squares, the words, and stars under the plane, are clear embossed.
The big star is outlined with Prisma Glitter.


The sides of the drawer I left blank (I didn't cover it with paper), so that it wouldn't be too snug to pull open.




The 'handle' is Black Grosgrain Ribbon attached using Button Nail Heads.
Recipe: CTMH Paper Pack-Stardust, CTMH CS-White Daisy, Honey & Outdoor Denim, CTMH Ink-Tulip, Black, Grey Flannel & Honey, CTMH SS-Flyin' High & Little Boys, Mini Black Brads, Clear Embossing Powder, Prisma Glitter, Star Punch, Swirl Punch, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Button Nail Heads



And one for all the little girls to store their treasures too!


What little girl doesn't love flowers and hearts? I added some 'bling' by adding Rhinestones to the heart and flowers.


Here's the inside, I wrote 'This Treasure Belongs To:' on the tag. The 'handle' is made from CTMH Hollyhock Ricrac Ribbon.
Recipe: CTMH Paper Pack-Daydream, CTMH CS-White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Tulip, Spring Iris & Outdoor Denim, CTMH SS-Annotations & All My Love, CTMH Ribbon-Hollyhock Ricrac, Prima Flowers, Rhinestones, Dollarama Punch, Flower Punch, Corner Punch


I hope you enjoyed them as much as I do! I sure had a lot of fun making them.

Enjoy,
Deneen

*****************************************
Check out these ladies creations!:


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for sharing!

Amy Gehring said...

This is very cute. I may have to try this one. Thanks for sharing it.

Jen Lee said...

THANK YOU for the INSPIRATION!

I was looking for a project for my next make and take. This is perfect. You are so creative - Thank you!

The project you inspired is pictured on my blog at jenleemyctmh.blogspot.com

Carol P said...

That's excellent!

I have an award for you on my blog.

Carol
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting
http://extremecards.blogpost.com

Anne said...

I just followed your directions to make this card/box. It is super easy. I plan on using these to give giftcards to my teenage nieces! They will love them! Thank you so much for converting the measurements and taking the time to post for all of us!

Anne

Stephanie said...

very unique! I will try this one... my friends tell me i have a notecard/box fetish. LOL

Nicole said...

This is so stinkin cute! Love them. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

this is adorable, thanks for sharing.

Haley D. said...

How fun! Thanks for this template and the other great ones you've posted. Your artwork is gorgeous!

Rikki Holley said...

Great little boxes :0)
I tried my hand on one and will post it to my blog soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome project. Thanks for sharing. Yours are beautiful.

Amy Kaminski said...

Thank you so much for sharing the cutting instructions for this and for the picket fence card. I absolutely love your work. Rock on!

Dr Sonia said...

Very nice
A box and card- Ingenious!

Studio V said...

These boxes are so adorable.. You are very creative and so humble to share your ideas.

Thank you..

nana of my 3 said...

I really don't know where to start... Just love your ideas Wow!!!
Thanks for sharing...Hugs Jane

Foxycrafts said...

This one is fantastic, too. Thanks so much for the templates and the inspiration.

Love Joan xx

Lenoria said...

I love all your boxes! I was trying to think of something for my granddaughter's orthodontist and it is hard to think of something "manly" but this is perfect! Thank you and also for converting to inches, even though we were supposed to learn metric measurement in school I never did.

Grandma Grams said...

Do you have a You Tube page? I so want to make the card that is a box but I have to be honest I am bad with math and often have a hard time reading a patterm

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails