Thursday, October 01, 2009

More Castle Cards!!

I made a couple more Castle Cards to get your creative juices flowing. If you missed my post on Monday, I posted a Girl's Castle Card, Template & Instructions....you can find that HERE.

I got to thinking that castles aren't just for girls....boys like them too! Here's my idea of a Castle Card for a boy.
Card Size: 8.5" x 5.5"

Here's what it looks like opened up. I didn't have a dragon stamp, so I altered the dinosaur stamp that I did have, lol. He's not so fierce looking, but adds a bit of fun to the card.

I used the Parchment Font from MS Publisher, printed it on CTMH Bamboo CS, and sponge daubed the sides with CTMH Cocoa Ink.



The other side opened.
Here's a close-up, I even got to use glitter!!!
For the 'gate', I used Martha Stewart's Embossed Zigzag Punch and snipped the embossing part off to make it look like a gate. I used Square Brads on different parts of the card, to keep to a boyish theme.
I stamped the '2' on CTMH Tulip CS and covered it with Liquid Glass. I let it dry overnight and then cut it out.
Recipe: CTMH Paper Pack-Stardust, CTMH CS-White Daisy, Honey, Cocoa, Moonstruck, Tulip, Bamboo & Crystal Blue, CTMH Ink-Black, Olive, Moonstruck, Grey Flannel, Cocoa & Honey, CTMH SS-Little Boys, Doodle Alphabet, Star Impressions, Rustic Numbers, Atomic Caps, Atomic Lowercase, Come Unto Me & Class Of, CTMH Square Silver Brads, Foam Squares, Martha Stewart Embossed Zigzag Punch, Prisma Glitter, Corner Rounder, Liquid Glass.

And here's another Castle....a Sandcastle!
Card Size: 8.5" x 5.5"

I couldn't decide if this would be a good Bon Voyage card, or a Retirement card (maybe something about having so much time on their hands now, they can build sandcastles). So I left it neutral so that I could use it for either.
I didn't have any starfish stamps, so I used a star punch for the castle. And yes, that's sandpaper, lol!!
I didn't put sandpaper on the whole card, I figured that was a little much, but it adds just that right amount of authenticity. (I used 2 different grits.)
I added Prisma Glitter around the words 'splish splash', and around the edge of the flag.
It's a little difficult to see, but I gave the inside of the card a 'sand texture' look with ink.
I used the CTMH Black Texture Tool to do this. Dab it a couple of times on your ink pad, and then 'pounce' it on your paper, you continue going back and forth-ink pad to paper-until you achieve the look you want. I started with (all CTMH Inks) Cocoa, then added Desert Sand, and then Grey Wool, and finally Tulip.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Bamboo, Tulip, Moonstruck, Sunny Yellow, Orange, Desert Sand & Colonial White, CTMH Ink-Black, Moonstruck, Desert Sand, Cocoa, Grey Wool & Tulip, CTMH SS-Splish Splash & Nantucket Retreat, 100C Medium & 40D Extra Coarse Sand Paper, Foam Squares, Toothpicks, Chalk, Versamark, Circle Coluzzle, Fiskars Star Punch, Prisma Glitter, Pencil Crayons.

Enjoy,
Deneen

4 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

OMG - your castle cards are just FABULOUS! So much detail!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....these are fabulous! You are so talented!

Leslie said...

Deneen, love the castle cards. I attempted to copy your little princess card.

Angela Fehr said...

Deneen, I'd love to use the templates for these cards for a kids' card making class - do you have any restrictions on using the templates? Please email me ang (at) angelafehr (dot) com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails