Sunday, July 13, 2008

Picket Fence Card

Hi there. As you can tell, I'm posting alot of cards lately. I'm just trying to catch up on cards I've made over the past couple of years.
Here's a card I made after seeing one like it by Jen del Muro. She didn't have any instructions or template, so I made up one to share with you.
The finished card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
Recipe: CTMH CS -White Daisy, Spring Iris, Amethyst & Garden Green, CTMH Inks-Bamboo, New England Ivy, Garden Green, Pansy Purple, Outdoor Denim, CTMH SS-Love In Bloom, Cottage Floral & With Love, CTMH Bigger Brads-Chocolate & Vanilla Cream, pencil crayons.


Sorry for the yellow tint, I couldn't seem to get the photo without it.

Here's a little tutorial on how to put it together.


You'll need:
2 strips each measuring 1/2" x 5 1/2"
3 pickets each measuring 1 9/16" x 4 1/4"
1 card base measuring 3 1/8" x 5 1/2
Here are the pieces already sponge daubed with CTMH Bamboo Ink.
This is how to cut your picket: (Photo not to scale)


Now you'll glue the two longs strips to your pickets. It's important to remember to leave a little extra space on the left side so that you can fold open your card.

Here are the measurements: (Photo not to scale)
I left ~1/8" space in between my pickets.

Here is what you should have:


Now add your card base:


That's it. Pretty simple, eh? Now all you have to do is embellish it.
Enjoy,
Deneen

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this when you posted on the CTMH bb - I LOVE your blog site - looks so cool! This card is absolutely beautiful and your instructions are very, very helpful! Thank you!!
Sharli

Trinka said...

wow...love this card. You do awesome work!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new blog! Your work is great and inspired me on the CTMH BB, but I really enjoy being able to read your directions - so helpful.
Love my Cuttlebug, too. Your cards are so elegant.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome card and instructions--can't wait to make the picket fence card! Keep up the blogging and crafting...I'm going to be checking back often!

Beth said...

So cute! I am off to make pickets!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

http://bethstamps.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

This is absolutley adorable!

Jamey said...

Deneen - I really like this card (and your blog). Hope you don't mind, but I made the same card, and posted a link to your blog from my blog.
Jamey

Dorcas said...

Hi Doreen! Just wanted to let you know that I cased your picket fence card and gave you a shout out on my blog today. :-) Thanks for the inspiration!

XxJULESxX said...

oh i do love this Doreen!!!!! must have a try at it! thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails