Monday, October 11, 2010

A Card with Leaves - H2H Challenge

Happy Thanksgiving Day (for us Canadians).
Hope my fellow Canadians are enjoying family time, and thinking of all we have to be thankful for!
.
Here I thought I'd have more time to work on cards after last weekend, {sigh} time seems to have a way of getting away from me, I can't believe another week has gone by and I haven't posted anything. I've been busy trying to get cards done for a November Craft Fair, I'll eventually get around to taking pictures, and posting for you to enjoy.
.
This week on Heart 2 Heart Challenges the challenge is Trees and Leaves - create a project that incorporates trees and/or leaves.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Here is the card I created to inspire you.
I clear embossed the leaves. For the orange leaves I sponge daubed Sunset onto the leaf, and then rolled the stamp edges on the Sunset stamp pad, then stamped my image onto the CS. I then covered the leaf image with clear embossing powder. The image stays moist enough to hold the embossing powder and when heated, leaves a nice bumpy look.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Olivia, CTMH CS-Garnet, Cocoa, Colonial White & Sunset, CTMH Ink-Chocolate, Garnet, Cocoa, Honey, Sunset & Black, CTMH SS-Timeless & The Present, Clear Embossing Powder, Foam Squares, Pearls, Martha Stewart Rain Drop Corner & Border Punch, CTMH Satin Edge Colonial White Organdy Ribbon, Nestabilities-Fancy Tags.
It's a 4 for 40 week on H2H, that means if we reach 40 players, one lucky winner will receive 4 handmade cards by Jessica. So why don't you join us this week, we sure would love to reach 40 players! If you're needing more inspiration, be sure to check out the fabulous creations by the other DT members, their links are in my sidebar, or click on over to the Heart 2 Heart blog.
Enjoy your pumpkin pie,
Deneen

2 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love your leaves card, beautiful colors!

Unknown said...

Lovely card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails