Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Tip Tuesday Treat Box

Hello and welcome here! It's Tuesday again, and that means it's time for a Top Tip Tuesday Challenge.  This time the Challenge is to make a project that is Good With Food, so any type of container,  box or basket, or if you've made homemade jam you can make it pretty with your scrapbooking supplies.  Elaine is sharing a Tutorial on Chocolate Bar Wrappers.

Challenge - Good With Food
Tutorial - Chocolate Bar Wrapper by Elaine

Size: 3" Square,  approx. 5" tall
First off, I cannot take credit for this cute little box.  I found the Box with 2 Drawers post on Mariannes papirverden, the only down side was that I couldn't find instructions for it, so I figured out the measurements and will post them for you below.

I figured it was the cutest little box to send treats in! (It will also hold 4 tealight candles like Mariannes box does.)

 Sponsor's
 For a chance at the following prizes, be sure to link your creation to the Good With Food Challenge  at Top Tip Tuesday, you can enter up to 3 times!! For a chance at an extra prize leave a tip on your blog and be sure to leave 'tip' after your name in Mr. Linky.
Don't forget the challenge runs for 2 weeks

 

Crimson Clouds - 3 packs of die cuts
 

Shape EZ - 2 Shape EZ templates of your choice

The Crafty Pad - 2 Digi Images



Here's a view with the drawers closed, I didn't have any fancy drawer pulls, so I improvised by using grosgrain ribbon (hole punch 2 holes, knot ribbon on the inside of the drawer.

I made a little pocket for a tag, so that you had somewhere to put your greetings.

Since Christmas is coming up, I decided to make a Christmas-y box, I used Spellbinder's Layered Poinsettia's on the sides, and some Crystal Ice Stickles.

Recipe:  PP-My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Saffron "Free Spirit" Daisy, Indie Chic Saffron "Create" Lattice & American Craft Mulberry Glitter Paper, Cream CS, Spellbinders-Layered Poinsettia & Labels 20, Martha Stewart Cherish Border Punch, Cream Pearls (coloured with Copic Y17), Pink Organza Ribbon, Cream Grosgrain Ribbon, Hole Punch, Crystal Ice Stickles.


2 Drawer Box or Treat Box Measurements

  

I didn't think about taking pictures as I made this, so I will only be able to give you written instructions, sorry about that.  
  • Cut out 2 of each of the pieces, scoring where indicated.
  • Assemble Drawers, with the tabs inside
  • Assemble Drawer Wrapper, the 1 1/16" end sections will overlap each other (you'll 'sandwich' your adhesive here)
  • Stack the 2 Wrappers adhere together, insert Drawers into Wrappers
  • If you would like a fancy edge along the top of your box be sure to cut where indicated in photo.
  • To assemble the Container pieces, overlap at the 3 1/16" sections (this will attach to the bottom of your Drawers). See photo below
 
  • You will 'wrap' the Container pieces up around the Drawers.
  • Decorate as desired!

Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's Good With Food creations for more inspiration, their links are in my sidebar.
Enjoy,
Deneen

Challenges Entered:
Challenges 4 Everybody - #3 Anything Goes
Come and Get It Challenges - Anything But A Card
The Ribbon Girl - Colour Challenge...pink & green

 Top Pick Badge

11 comments:

Astrid said...

Absolutely amazing, love it !!
Thank you so much for the template !

hugs Astrid

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

wow this is fantastic!! love the design..i will have to go it a go - thanks! :D

Julie Temple said...

This is really gorgeous! Thank you for the instructions, also! I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It this week!

Julie

Sandy said...

What a great idea have saved for a later date thanks for sharing the great template. Thanks so much for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody and good luck..
Sandy :)

Rhonda Emery said...

this is super cute thanks for joining us at come and get it challenge

Judy McKay said...

Great box - lovley idea. Thank you for sharing the pattern and joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Erica said...

What a lovely box. So kind of you to make the template (for us folks on the west side of the world) up to use. I will be using it for Christmas gifts to teachers this year. Once I've completed one, I'll be sure to link back to you and let you see mine too if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

Deneen this treat box is flipping awesome and you will HAVE to do a picture tutorial for us at Top Tip Tuesday!!!!! that should read MUST! do! tehhehehe I think this would be a brilliant one and I would for one love to see how! the instructions are great but for dyslexia me pictures would help me a lot! hugs me xx LOVE it !! xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Exactly what Samantha said..this is terrific!! Sorry it took me so long to get over here, my kids have me running all over God's green earth, but I finally made it and WOW...you are so inspiring.
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Kim said...

Awesome project! thank you for sharing. This will be in my inspiration blog post.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the free template, this is very pretty xx Jean from Scotland

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails