Monday, May 24, 2010

Background Challenge for Heart 2 Heart

Good morning! As you may know, I was asked to be the first Guest DT member over on Heart 2 Heart Challenges. (You can read about it HERE.) Today is the first of two challenges that I will be sharing my creations with you, to help inspired you for the challenge.

.
This week the challenge is: Stamp Your Own Background.
.
For this challenge, I created the paper below using CTMH stamps and CTMH Ink.
I started with an 8.5" x 11" piece of White Daisy CS, and stamped the large swirly flower (from the Summer Wishes SS) with Versamark, and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then sponged Lilac Mist Ink over top the embossing, and then wiped the embossed flower to remove any ink that covered it. (I wanted the ink to colour the CS, not the embossing). I then stamped the leaf (with Juniper), the medium sized flower (with Pansy Purple), the small flower (with Blush), and the dots (with Spring Iris). I sponged Creme Brulee ink over the purple flowers, and sponged anything not yet inked, with Petal ink.
.
Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Petal, Juniper, Creme Brulee, Spring Iris, Lilac Mist & Blush, CTMH SS-Summer Wishes & Serendipity, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder.
.
Now, on to the card I created using my own designer paper:) Card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
I stamped the flower used in the image with Pansy Purple, then clear embossed it, and cut it out. I then attached it with Foam Squares. Of course I had to use one of my new Martha Stewart punches:), and I finished it off with some organdy ribbon and purple rhinestones.
.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Pansy Purple & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Pansy Purple, Black & Juniper, CTMH SS-Summer Wishes, Martha Stewart Scroll Lace Edge Punch, Rhinestones, Foam Squares, Organdy Ribbon, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, Button.
.
So, then I got nervous...because ya know, as a Guest DT Member, people will be looking at my creation to inspire them. I thought, "Maybe this card is too busy by using such a big piece of my Background paper...what if people think 'Yuck'?" So, just before I sent it off to Mary, I ran back to my desk and came up with another card. I thought I would let her choose which one was better. I didn't want anyone to be disappointed with the first Guest DT Member, lol!
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
There isn't much to say about this card, it is pretty straight forward. Used my new punch again:)
.
Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, Pansy Purple, Spring Iris & Juniper, CTMH Ink-Pansy Purple, Spring Iris, Desert Sand, Lilac Mist & Black, CTMH SS-You Are Beautiful, Argyle Backgrounds & Say It In Style, Martha Stewart Scroll Lace Edge Punch, Nestabilities Oval & Scalloped Oval, Pearls, CTMH Juniper Grosgrain Ribbon, Foam Squares.
.
If you'd like to join in the challenge, head on over to Heart 2 Heart Challenges and check it out!
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

8 comments:

The Closet Crafter said...

I don't think the word "Yuck" and your art are even in the same dictionary! I love to look at all the things you share with us, they are great inspirations. So glad you're on the team this month!

Unknown said...

These cards are beautiful!!! The stamped paper you created is sooooooo pretty!

Sara said...

definitely not yuck- I love your background paper! I like the second too but have to say not as much as the first one. Great job :-)

Deneen said...

Thanks you guys:) I think we tend to be harder on ourselves, lol. (Ya know, I have made some doozies in my time...just check out some of my earlier work for a chuckle).

Come to think of it, I have yet to see anyone make an ugly card...there's always something on it that I can tuck away for inspiration.

Have a great day!!

Lorrinda said...

Love the embossed resist used this way! Beautiful! I think I may get a chance to try this technique today :) TFS!

Leslie said...

Beautiful as always. I like your style.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! thanks for being our Guest this week!

Vicky said...

Gosh, the backing paper is beautiful. Love all your creations.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails