Friday, August 06, 2010

Purses Galore!!

Lisa Stenz had the cutest purse on her blog and I knew I had to give them a try...you can see her's HERE. The template is by Bridget Louw and can be found HERE. (the template is a little rough..and the perfectionist in me re-drew it, so that it would be symmetrical) There's a few Hints and things I did different than Bridget's instructions...I'll add them to the bottom of the post.
.
I showed Sharon at The Scrapbook Cottage here in town, and she wanted me to make some samples up, and here they are!!

Isn't it one of the cutest things you've seen?? Be sure to go thank Lisa Stenz for making one...so that I could scraplift it:) The 'buckle' is made from Aluminum Duct Tape. (I cover a piece of scrap CS with the duct tape, and then cut out my buckles.)
.
The only thing I didn't have on hand was some Velcro for the pocket closure, otherwise the pocket will lay more flat.
I added Stickles to the purse front:


Instructions:
To print the Template to the correct size, I copied it to Publisher, then enlarged it and cropped it so that the right half of the purse printed. (see photo) Once that side printed, I hit the 'undo' button and then cropped it again, but this time the left half of the purse (with some of the middle section so that you can overlap the 2 pieces). Enlarge and print the 'pocket' too.

To cut the template out, you need to cut inside the black lines. Once all 3 pieces are cut out, line up the 2 purse pieces and glue together so that you have 1 purse piece. Transfer all score lines to your template, but don't score your template.


Your templates are ready to use.
.
Trace the templates onto CS (the purse piece will take up a full 12x12 piece). Cut out, again inside the black lines, then score and fold your CS piece, as indicated by the template. (If you line up the one side of the base, you should be able to score the three places--tab, base, tab--without moving your ruler, or your CS on the ScorPal/Scor-It.)
.
Buckles: 1" x 1.25" (4)--I cut 2 slits with my X-acto knife, one near the top and one near the bottom, so that I can slide the handle through.
Handles: I cut mine 6/8" rather than 7/8" like Bridget did. 6/8" x 12" (2)
.
I found it better to trace your CS purse front onto your patterned paper (rather than from the template), that way if you made any cutting errors or cut slightly 'off' the template lines, your patterned piece will still fit the purse front....hope this makes sense...once you put one together it will make more sense.
.
Have fun making purses...now I'm off to make some from CTMH papers!!!
.
Enjoy,
Deneen
.
I almost forgot about the Mini-Purse that I included as Blog Candy. (I printed the template at the wrong size and instead of throwing it away, I thought I'd be able to use it to make a Mini-Purse)
.
It's the perfect size for the Washer Pendants!!

6 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

these are so cute, I'll try and follow your directions

sucor said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing them!

- - Sheryl - - said...

i made one of these last night
I made it a little larger so I could put note cards inside.

Myrna Marcano said...

So great !

Firenze said...

Oh dear I can't access the template page! Do you have another link for the template? Many thanks!
Helen -- Firenze Cards

broken but trying to heal said...

Too late. No template or directions left

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails