Monday, July 04, 2011

Inspired Stamps - Patriotic Card

Hello and welcome here! Yes, you're at the right place, lol. I'm still tweaking my blog, I was on the fence about the background and decided to go with a less distracting one. Now it feels a little dark, but I'll let it grow on me a little and see how I feel in a week...or less:)


This week the Inspired Stamps DT is to showcase a project that is Patriotic. July 1st was Canada Day which celebrated Canada's 144th Birthday, I went with a red and white theme (our flag colours).

Very patriotic if I say so myself, lol. I random stamped the background piece using the circle and outline from 1 Inch Circle Sentiments. The star is from Made by..., I used it around the beaded circle, and in the random stamped background. As I was deciding whether I should try to add a bow or knot, the lightbulb went on and I excitedly decided to go with the red ribbon which symbolizes support for our Canadian troops. *Edited to add* I forgot to mention that I hand wrote the word Canada to add to the banner, and the little flag was clipart I printed off the computer.


Another show of support for our troops is Red Friday, quoted from the Red Fridays Foundation of Canada "Wearing Red on Fridays is a symbolic gesture to show fellow Canadians and our troops that we care and honour those who fought for our freedom, our peace, our resolve."

Inspired Stamps Used:
His Little Ones: Boy Soldier with Helmet
1 Inch Circle Sentiments
More Perfect Sentiments
Made By...

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

I used the Inspired Stamps image His Little Ones: Boy Soldier with Helmet. I used my husbands field hat to get the colours right...I wouldn't want to goof on that, or I'd never hear the end of it from hubby, lol:)

Inspired Stamps are designed and proudly made in the US, hence the US uniform, but that didn't stop me from tweaking it to make it Canadian. As you can see I added a bit of brown in the uniform, and altered it to include the Canadian flag. On the CADPAT (combat uniform) there is only a name tag, so I added hubby's surname, and camouflaged the other one.


Inside:


Recipe: Inspired Stamps-Made By..., His Little Ones: Boy Soldier with Helmet, 1 Inch Circle Sentiments & More Perfect Sentiments, CTMH CS-Tulip & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Tulip & Black, Memento Black Ink, Nestabilities-Beaded Circles, Circles & Ribbon Banners, Martha Stewart Ribbon Loop Border Punch, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestones, Foam Squares.

You can see what the rest of the Inspired Stamps DT came up with by clicking on their links located in the sidebar, or head over to Inspired Stamps blog on Thursday, where Antoinette will have them all in 1 post.

Inspired Stamps Store Link
Inspired Stamps Blog Link

I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend!
Deneen

10 comments:

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

I love this card! All the detail is fabulous!!

farmhouse-story said...

deneen, this card is awesome! love the canada word in your card!

Deneen said...

Thanks for reminding my Lynn, I forgot to mention that I hand wrote 'Canada' because the set didn't come with one...and I had also forgot to mention that I printed the little flag off the computer.

I edited my post to fix that omission:)

Thanks for the kind comments ladies!

B said...

Great card Deneen! All the detail is fabulous. Hope you had a great Canada Day:)

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

I absolutely love him as a Canadian!! Spectacular job!!

Romaine said...

This is so great! Love the little soldier and the pretty details you always add!

Melissa said...

How very clever to add all those touches to make the little soldier be Canadian. Brilliant and I love all the texture and details of your card.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh I love this! You did a great job with your card!

Amy Pitts said...

So super cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails