Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Masculine Stitches Card

Hello and welcome here! Have been over to Top Tip Tuesday to see if you have Caught Our Eye?? The Stitches Challenge is 1/2 way through, you have 1 more week to enter for a chance at some great prizes. You can find all the info at Top Tip Tuesday.

To continue with the Stitches theme, I decided to make a quick masculine card.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

I cut an oval into the planks patterned paper and then added foam squares behind to make a frame for the lighthouse. I hand stitched x's along the oval and in the corners...just like cross-stitching. I used a felt pen to add some detail around the oval and corners. I added Stickles to the glass to make it 'shine'.


Copics Used:
Lighthouse/Rocks-E42, E43, E44
Grass-YG03, YG17, YG25
Sky-BG0000

Recipe: Digital Stamp-Cornish Heritage Farms Lighthouse 3, PP-My Mind's Eye Dolled Up "Day" Worn Paper, CTMH CS-Black & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black & Outdoor Denim, SS-Flourishes Taglines, Black Floss, Spellbinders Ovals & Banner Tags, Black Felt Pen, Foam Squares, Stickles-Golden Rod & Crystal Ice.

Hope you're having a great week!
Deneen

4 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

A great masculine card, great composition. I hope you do well in the challenges.

Rachael said...

This is an adorable card. I haven't ever heard of Tip Top Tuesday, but I recently did a CPS Challenge. Its on my blog if you want to take a look. Aren't masculine cards such a challenge?! I'm working on one right now that I just can't get right. Anyways, good luck and nice work!

Anonymous said...

How the heck did I miss this one!?!!?! Glad I spotted it this morning I love it love the way the image looks behind the aperture too! Great sewing and texture! Xx

Dianne Beans said...

I love the way you created your frame. I have done a couple of cards with this image as well. It is a fun one to work with. Looking forward to seeing your cards for the sneak peaks and the blog hop on Thursday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails