Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Tip Tuesday Halloween Challenge

Hello and welcome here!  I can't believe October has flown by.  This week the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge is Halloween.  Bettina is sharing a Tutorial on a coffin, and the DT is sharing Tips.

Challenge - Halloween
Tutorial - Halloween Coffin
DT Tips

Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
We're not big Halloween celebrators here, so I decided to think outside of the box and since it's a night of costumes I decided to focus on that.  I coloured the image with Copics and kept it simple.  I used the font called Cheri and typed up the sentiment, playing on the word 'super'Looking at the image now I feel like I should have added a star or 2 by the sentiment. 

Recipe: Bugaboo Digital Stamp-Guy Super, CTMH PP-Stardust, CTMH CS-Honey & White Daisy, Red CS, Spellbinders-Labels 23 & Fleur de Lis Squares, Font-Cheri, Rhinestones, Foam Squares, Copics-R29, B28, Y08, E00, E15, E17, W1, W3.

Tip:  I don't have alot of decorative corner dies so I look to my Spellbinders and other dies for possible corners...I used a corner piece from Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares for a decorative corner touch.

 Sponsor's
  
For a chance at the following prizes, be sure to link your creation to the Halloween Challenge  at Top Tip Tuesday, you can enter up to 3 times!! For a chance at an extra prize leave a tip on your blog and be sure to leave 'tip' after your name in Mr. Linky.
Don't forget the challenge runs for 2 weeks

Stamp & Create - $25 certificate

Sew Sweet - £10.00 voucher

Need more Halloween inspiration?  Check out the rest of the DT's awesome creations, their links are in my sidebar.
Enjoy,
Deneen

4 comments:

Astrid said...

Gorgeous card Deneen !!

hugs Astrid

Elaine Stark said...

A great card, lovely colours and a 'super' image. Elaine

Lisa Minckler said...

Deneen, I think it's totally out of the box to focus on costumes! That was a brilliant idea and what better than a super hero!! Your tip is actually very helpful as I don't have a lot of "wingdings" myself! Love the card and the amount of stars is perfect. ;)

Words and Pictures said...

And why not a costume party?! - love the starlit background!
Alison x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails