Saturday, August 02, 2008

Scripture Cards

I needed some Scripture cards, and tried to make ones that can be used for Sympathy, Thinking of You, Get Well etc.

For this card, I wanted a sort of monochromatic-type card. I used chalk to fill in the lighthouse image and used glitter to make the light sparkle. I used the computer to print the sentiment on CS, and then punched it out using my oval scallop punch.


Recipe: CTMH CS-Moonstruck, Lilac Mist, Black and White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Moonstruck, CTMH SS-Adorable Backgrounds and Nantucket Retreat, Navy Grosgrain Ribbon, VersaMark Ink, Chalk, Glitter, 3D Foam Squares.

Here's a close-up of the Lighthouse.

For this card I used the 23rd Psalm from CTMH SS Come Unto Me as the focal point. I really like how it looks like old parchment.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Chocolate, Bamboo, Black, Brown Bag and Vanilla Cream, CTMH Ink-Chocolate, Bamboo and Black, CTMH SS-Come Unto Me and Adorable Backgrounds, Chalk, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Photo Hanger.
Here's a close-up of the sentiment. I used the edge of the chocolate ink pad to edge the sentiment, and then went over it with chalk to soften it and give it that aged look.
The Bamboo CS underneath, I wrinkled first, and then went over it with the stamp pad to highlight some of the wrinkles. Here's a close-up of that.
This is the inside of the card, I wanted it to be strong because I used the 23rd Psalm as a focal point on the front. The dove is from the CTMH SS Faith.


This card is straight forward. I used CTMH SS Elegant Script to spell 'praying'. I used chalk to make the flower pop. I sponge daubed the edges to soften the look.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Indian Corn Blue, Outdoor Denim and White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Outdoor Denim, Black, Grey Wool and Lilac Mist, CTMH SS-Elegant Script, Doodle Alphabet, For Every Occasion and Sweet Flowers, VersaMark Ink, Chalk, Pewter Brads.
I kept the 'Praying For You' sentiment, but changed the look of the card. I inked the flower and stems, and then went over them with chalk to soften the look.

Recipe: CTMH CS-Garden Green, Spring Iris, New England Ivy and White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black, Grey Wool, Lilac Mist, Spring Iris, Garden Green, CTMH SS-Elegant Script, For Every Occasion and Doodle Alphabet, Chalk, Prima Flowers, Glitter.
As you can tell, I really like the one stamp from CTMH SS Adorable Backgrounds. I coloured in the hands with pencil crayons and chalk around the hands with a grey colour to highlight them. The sentiment I attached with a 3D foam square.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Garden Green, New England Ivy, Outdoor Denim and White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black, CTMH SS-Faith and Adorable Backgrounds, Garden Green Bigger Brad, White Organdy Ribbon, Chalk.
I love making cards! I gotta go make some now, lol.
Enjoy,
Deneen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I stopped by your blog & enjoyed seeing all your artistic creations! Your Christian expression cards motivate me to do more of this for family & friends. Thanks for sharing--and visit me at www.scrappy-gram.blogspot.com sometime!
Blessings!
Jane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails