Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's a Valentine's Blog Hop at The Cuttlebug Spot!

If you've arrived from Jennifer's Blog, you're in the right place!!  If you've arrived here first, you'll want to head on back to The Cuttlebug Spot to find out all the details on how you can WIN some fabulous PRIZES.

Hello and welcome here.  It's a Valentine's Blog Hop at The Cuttlebug Spot, how fun is that!?!  Here is my Valentine's creation for you to enjoy.

Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
This happens to be another Pinterest inspired card:)  The original one was made with paint chips and butterflies.  I changed it up Deneen-style.  I love the different embossed strips, and I used the same paper for the hearts but just switched the colours around so that the darkest colour started at the top. I didn't have a punch for the hearts so I fussy cut them.  The swirls I cut down from a bigger swirl, and hid some of the ends behind my hearts.

I added CTMH Liquid Glass (aka Glossy Accents) to the hearts.  I added the rhinestones first before I covered them with Liquid Glass. 


 Inside:
Recipe:  PP-Crate Paper Random Collection Pattern, Bazzill Prismatics CS-4 pink colours, CTMH CS-White Daisy, CTMH SS-A Little Everything & Heartthrob, CTMH Ink-Black & Baby Pink, EF-Cuttlebug Swiss Dots & Textile, Craft Concepts Budding Vine & Sizzix Raspberry Frame, Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork, Corner Rounder, Rhinestones, CTMH Liquid Glass, Foam Squares.

Cuttlebug Items Used:
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Textile
Craft Concepts Embossing Folder- Budding Vine
Sizzix Embossing Folder- Raspberry Frame
Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork Die

Now it's off to Brianna's Blog for her wonderful Valentine's creation.

Enjoy,
Deneen

Challenge's Entered:
Card Mania Challenges - #14 Is This Love That I'm Feeling...
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Add Texture
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - #130 Hearts
Daring Cardmakers - Love Is In The Air

*Edited to add:

19 comments:

Norma said...

really love this card! colors are very pretty.

Gail said...

Deneen - I absolutely love your card! What a fun set up - I want to steal that idea er - borrow I mean! I am excited about doing the hop - I love my Cuttlebug and the Cuttlebug hop and challenges. What wonderful prizes available! Enjoy your day and thanks for the hop! http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

Tami B. said...

I love this card! The ombre effect is great & that MB die is so pretty. It adds the perfect touch.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the use of strips, embossing, flourish & glossy accents.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Candy Meyers said...

What a neat idea for using multiple die cut samples. I love it. I will definitely use this idea in the future.
Thanks loads,
Candy Meyers

Margaret Peppers said...

This is gorgeous. Just love the textures.

Debi said...

Gorgeous card. I couldn't live without my cuttlebug!!!! Check out the white on white card I just made on my blog at: http://thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com/2013/02/white-on-white-beccy-this-was-hard.html

Sukie said...

Super cute card, love the embossing on your card. I love all of the valentine colors you used. I am a new follower of your blog.

Grace Baxter said...

How lovely! I love the combination of various pinks you used. Thanks for the inspiration. I haven't used my Liquid Glass in awhile and you've just reminded me to get it out again. Beautiful job on this card!

Pam said...

Oh my goodness, your card is absolutely lovely! I love that you used four different embossing folders and the variegated colors! I LOVE embossing, it adds such an elegant touch! My Cuttlebug is hands down my favorite tool!
Thanks for the chance to play along!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lovely Valentine card, great gradient colors,Deneen!Thank you for joining us at Card Mania!

Kimbo said...

I love the pretty colours. Can't believe that you've cut all those hearts yourself! Just been doing some re-pinning for you x

Miri said...

Your card is beautiful. What a nice way to show off your lovely embossing folders.
Thanks for taking part in the Caring Cardmakers "Love is in the air" challenge.

Patty said...

Wow...what a super idea for a card..I love it!!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Your card is very Beautiful. Love the mix of different embossing. Great!

Swissie said...

Just wonderful!
Greetings from Switzerland

Migdalia said...

Such a Stunning & Beautiful card!LOVE it!New Follower.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

dragonllew said...

Wow I love this card so pretty thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Jenny x

Nelly's handmade said...

Wow,,, this is stunning! Love those colors, the embossing, everything!

Thank you for playing with us at Card Mania! Hope to see you soon :)

Hugs, Nelly :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails