Monday, August 10, 2009

Accordian Card

I wanted to try my hand at making an Accordian Card after seeing it in a card magazine. I really like the end result. After I'm back from vacation I want to make a boy one, and one for a teen girl.

Card Size: 2.75" x 8.5"
Here's a short Tutorial on how to make one.

STEP 1
Take a an 8.5" x 11" piece of CS and cut, and score as per the photo.
[I scored the first line at 2.75" and then measured the 1.5" on the opposite side, to find my 'cut line'. I cut my CS, and then went back and scored the other 2 lines.]

STEP 2
Decorate the front and back of your CS piece.
[To save on paper, I didn't cover what will become the back of my card.]
Step 3
Accordian fold your card, and finish decorating. And you're done!

Here's the 'inside' of my card. I used Nestabilities Scallop Oval for the sentiment 'Your Special', and then used Fiskars 1/16" punch to make holes in each scallop. For the sentiment 'Celebrate', I used Fiskars Mini Scallop Scissors. I added pink rhinestones to the sentiments, and the flower centers that the bear is holding. I attached the bear holding the flowers with 3D Foam Squares.
Recipe: CTMH Paper Pack-Sonata, CTMH CS-White Daisy & Baby Pink, CTMH Ink-Vineyard Berry & Black, CTMH SS-The Best Way, Cupcake Sprinkles, You're Special & All My Love, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, Nestabilities Scallop Oval, Fiskars Mini Scallop Scissors, Fiskars 1/16" Hole Punch, Pink Rhinestones, 3D Foam Squares, Pencil Crayons.
Enjoy,
Deneen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome card. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try one.

Elizabeth Roessle said...

Loveeeeeee!!!!!
bjsss

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails