Monday, August 17, 2009

How To Make A Tab (without a punch...lol)

I am so excited, I just discovered how to make a tab with circles! (Or maybe you already knew, and didn't tell me....tsk tsk :)).

While looking at artwork for inspiration, I was bummed because I wanted to make some Mini Criss-Cross Cards, but I don't own a Tab Punch. All of a sudden, I could see that it was really only 2 circles.

I ran to get my Coluzzle Circle Template to see if it would work, and sure enough it did!!!!!

Here's how I did it:

STEP 1
I used the 3rd circle from the middle on the Coluzzle Circle Template....it measures approximately 2". Score it in the middle...1".

STEP 2
Now take your circle and use the 2nd circle from the middle on the Coluzzle Circle Template. Center it on the score line, and cut 1/2" from the edge.

Fold on the score line, and that's it!!!!! How easy was that!!!

Here's what it looks like on a Mini Criss-Cross Card:



Now go make some tabs....and if you want to share your creations with me, I'd love to see what you did!

Enjoy,
Deneen

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

How very clever you are!! That looks simple enough, and the tabs looks great.

Jennifer Lee said...

Absolutely LOVE your mini criss cross cards!! And I really needed the tip on creating a tab without a punch because I don't own any punches!! Great solution! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails