Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Covered Journal

Good morning!! This is not for Heart 2 Heart Challenges...I wasn't quite done my card, but check back on Friday.
.
I needed a new journal for church since I filled the other one. I unwound the wire, covered the journal, punched holes, and then rewound the wire back on.

Because I'm using it at church to write in, I didn't want to many layers etc. Can you believe it...not a foam square in sight. But I did finish it off with some ribbon. The verse I typed up on computer and printed it onto Colonial White CS. I stipple brushed Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edge, and then used the stamp pad around the edges.
.
Here's a close-up of the image by Thomas Kincade. I used Nestabilities Curved Rectangles and cut the shape out of Colonial White CS. I then used the Nestabilities as a stencil and stamped the image (so that the colonial white border would remain), and then stipple brushed Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the inside edge to give it that vintage look (with the Nestabilities still in place).
.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Bella & Veranda, CTMH CS-Colonial White, Cocoa & Smokey Plum, CTMH Ink-Petal, Thomas Kincade Streams of Living Water, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Nestabilities-Curved Rectangles & Fleur De Lis, Martha Stewart Layered Arches, CTMH Satin Edge Organdy Ribbon, Pearls, Liquid Pearls Lavender Lace.
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

1 comment:

Joanne Jay said...

Love your new journal...and the verse I needed today...thanks,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails