Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Tip Tuesday Christmas Tag

Hello and welcome here. Today is another Top Tip Tuesday post, the challenge this week is Tags - Use a tag on your project or make a tag as your project. I went with making a tag as my project.

Challenge - Tags
Tipper Week - each DT member shares a tip

Tag size: 3" x 6.25"

I cut my tag out of Colonial White CS and stamped it randomly with CTMH Universal Backgrounds using Bamboo Ink. I then heat dried it because I wanted to emboss my image. I stamped the angel with Versamark and used Gold embossing powder. I used Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia, and embossed the edges with Gold embossing powder. I distress the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

The Sponsor's for this week:

Pink Cat Studio - 5 digis of your choice
and
For the Top Tipper:
Glitterbabe Greetings - 2 images of your choice


Here are some close-up photos of elements on my tag.

I used Gold Flower Soft for the center of the Poinsettia.

Recipe: Inspired Stamps-Vintage Christmas, CTMH SS-Universal Backgrounds, Inkadinkado-Christmas Silhouettes, CTMH CS-Colonial White, Vineyard Berry & Garden Green, CTMH Ink-Bamboo, Distress Ink-Brushed Corduroy, Versamark, Gold EP, Nestabilities-Layered Poinsettia, Burgundy Satin, Grosgrain & Velvet Riboon, Cream Lace, Foam Squares, Gold Flower Soft.

Tip: Add labels, and sponge daub the ink on a small square so that you know what the colours of Distress Ink really look like.


Be sure to stop by Top Tip Tuesday to check out what the rest of the DT made, and their TIPS. Don't forget to add your link there as well, and for an extra chance at a prize leave TIP after your name...just make sure your Tip can be found within your post.

Enjoy,
Deneen
Link

4 comments:

Sue said...

Brilliant tag and thanks for the tip Luv Sue x

Sonia said...

Elegant and very pretty TAG. Love it!
Thanks for your Tip, I have may distress ink and this tip is a cool idea.
-Sony

Anonymous said...

WOWzers! LOVE this one and love the stamp in gold! beautiful flower too, hugs me xx

Mynn xx said...

This took my breath away!!! Oh my word, just stunningly gorgeous!!! LOVE that gold embossing--it's perfect! Love your tip, too!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails