Monday, September 21, 2009

You've Got Mail!

I love it when a card comes together and inspires the creation of another card. I started making a mini criss-cross card, and before I finished making it, had the basis of another card in my mind. I made both cards with a masculine tone.

First I'll share the Mini Criss-Cross Card.

Card Size: 3" x 4"
Inside Piece: 2.5" x 3.75"

If you need instructions on how to make a mini criss-cross card, you can find them HERE.
I found this mail patterned paper in a scrap bag I bought at Michaels. I used Cuttlebug's Script EF and CTMH Cocoa CS which has that awesome white core. I sanded the embossed image and rubbed CTMH Bamboo Ink Pad across the top to give it an aged look.
I don't have a Tab Punch, but made the Tab using my Coluzzle. Instructions for making a tab with a Coluzzle can be found HERE.
'Guy' cards don't always come very easy to me, but I loved how this mini criss-cross card turned out. As I was making it, I wondered if I would be able to use the same paper and make a regular sized card. I wasn't sure of what to use as an image, and then it came to me...put a package on the front. So that's what I did. And here's the card.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Isn't it neat? I wrinkled my paper, rounded the corners, inked the edges, and tied it with Hemp. I even wrinkled the corner, as if it got beat up in the mail. I used CTMH 3D Foam Squares to attached it to the front.

The inside:

Criss-Cross Card Recipe: Patterned Paper-Michael's Scrap Bag, CTMH CS-Cocoa, Colonial White & Black, CTMH Ink-Cocoa, Black, Tulip & Bamboo, CTMH SS-Postmarked, Say It In Style & Express Postage, Copper Brads, Natural Hemp, Cuttlebug EF-Script.
Card Recipe: Patterned Paper- Michael's Scrap Bag, CTMH CS-Cocoa, Colonial White & Moonstruck, CTMH Ink-Cocoa, Bamboo, Black, Moonstruck & Chocolate, CTMH SS-Say It In Style, Postmarked & Express Postage, Natural Hemp, CTMH 3D Foam Squares, Nestabilities DC-Labels Two.
Enjoy,
Deneen

1 comment:

Carla said...

Great cards Deneen! That paper is fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails