Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inspired Stamps Nature Card

Hello and welcome here! This week the Inspired Stamps DT are sharing projects that include nature and a verse. I try to think up something different so that you aren't bored with me showing you the same thing over and over, and hopefully you're inspired to look at your stamps in a new way. Well I think I have a special treat for you today, I must say I even impressed myself, lol.

I started in my mind with sponged clouds for a sky, and patterned paper for grass. I wanted to do something different and as I was looking at the Label Maker Alphabet stamp set I envisioned a brick wall. Yep, I don't have a clue how my brain does it, it even surprises me sometimes too. The brick wall is made up of 4 of the different frames from the stamp set.

Card Size: 5" x 5"

I stamped the 'bricks' with black ink, and coloured them with Copics W1, W3, and E40. They are outlined with W5. I coloured each block making sure NOT to blend it very well. I then went over it lightly with the Colorless Blender, and that makes is look like stone. The grout in between is coloured with E42.

Inside:

Recipe: Inspired Stamps-Label Maker Alphabet, Inspired Stampers Favorite Collection #1, More Perfect Sentiments, Flowers, PP-not sure, got from a bin, CTMH CS-White Daisy & Sweet Leaf, CTMH Ink-Fancy Tags, Recollections Floral Embellishments, Flower Soft-Fuschsia, Bosskut-Floral Flourish, Foam Squares, Pearls, Stickles-Platinum, Copics-E42, W1, W3, W5, E40.

Inspired Stamps Used:
Label Maker Alphabet - Wall
Inspired Stampers Favorite Collection #1 - Sentiment on front
More Perfect Sentiments - Inside
Flowers - Inside


Inspired Stamps Store Link
Inspired Stamps Blog Link

For more inspiration, be sure to pop by the rest of DT's blogs, they're posted in my sidebar!

Enjoy,
Deneen

4 comments:

Chere M. said...

Very clever. I love the wall. It seems as though we have many "out of the box" thinkers this week. So awesome, thank you for sharing.

Kary said...

What a clever, creative idea, Deneen!! Your card is gorgeous, as always. Love this!!

Lisa Minckler said...

Deneen,
I LOVE your nature scene here! I'm always blown away by your clouds, but this layout is just awesome!!
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

sue said...

This is so pretty...I think this would be a lovely card for someone who needs to know someone cares.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails