Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Top Tip Tuesday Sketch Challenge

Hello and welcome here! This week at Top Tip Tuesday it's a Sketch Challenge. And here is may card based on the Sketch that's a little further down.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

A big Thank-you to Karen's Doodles for supplying me with this super cute image called Tiger Fun. And as you will see, I rotated Sketch 1: Layers for my card.

Now for the 2 Sketches you can choose from:

Sketch 1: Layers
Sketch 2: Clean and Simple


You may rotate or flip the sketch, add a few extra embellishments or elements but please ensure the original sketch is clearly visible in your finished creation.
This Week's Sponsor's
Stamp & Create - $25 for Top Tipper
Stamp & Create
Sew Sweet - £10.00 voucher
Sew Sweet
Here is a shot of the different layers on my card. Instead of a banner, I used clouds to frame my sentiment. I also curled up the one edge of the rainbow so that it didn't look so flat.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Stardust & various B&T papers, CTMH CS-Outdoor Denim, Dutch Blue & White Daisy, Digital Stamp-Karen's Doodles Tiger Fun, Sentiment Stamp-Flourishes Tag Lines, CTMH SS-Everyday Celebration (inside card), Craft Concepts Budding Vine EF, Nestabilities-Labels 3 & Ovals, Papertrey Ink Die-Clouds, CTMH Ink-Dutch Blue, Outdoor Denim, Petal, Black & Olive, Distress Ink-Vintage Photo, Rhinestones, Foam Squares, Copics (see below).

Here's a close-up of the tiger. He was difficult to add fur strands because the orange is actually a small area to colour, but I tried my best. The balloons were fun to colour, they're a great image to perfect your blending skills because it's a large colourable area.

Copics Used:
Fur-YR04, YR14, YR30, Y32, N7, R20, R22
Balloons-Y04, Y08, V12, V15, B12, B14
Sky-BG0000

Inside:


Here's the first card I made with my image, but decided that the green wasn't making it sky enough looking, if that makes sense, lol. I also changed up the banner to a cloud, since the blue on the final card looks more sky'ish. So yes, I took my card all apart and reused only the image and rainbow.

For more inspiration from the Sketch be sure to head over to Top Tip Tuesday and see what the rest of the DT did, as well as the Guest Designers Hilda and Audhild.

If you want a chance at being a Guest Designer or winning some great prizes be sure to add your creation to Mr. Linky at Top Tip Tuesday. Don't forget, you now have 2 weeks to finish and join the Sketch Challenge.

Enjoy,
Deneen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flipping AWESOME! love the image and wow so vibrant too! and those clouds are so darn stunning! wow wow wow! Great job hunny! hugs me xx

Audhild said...

Ah, so cute:-) Love the rainbow. And the 3 ballons look fab by the way, great blending skills:-)

Caroljenks said...

Deneen this is just beautiful and I can't believe you took your first card to pieces - although I totally see what you mean about the green it was still beautiful! I just LOVE the way you've turned the sketch and how you've used the rainbow as the back angled element - very artistic :) Fab colouring too - his fur looks grrrrreat! Ha - got one in ;)
(although I'm sure not everyone will know who Tony the Tiger is - Doh!)

Carol x

Unknown said...

Awww this is gorgeous Deneen, love the bright colours and fun image on your card. Hugs Dora xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails