Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Top Tip Tuesday Valentine's Challenge

Hello and welcome here! It's challenge time again over at Top Tip Tuesday. For the next 2 weeks it's a Valentine's Challenge, we want to see your Valentine's creations. Bettina is sharing an awesome Mailbox Tutorial, and the DT is sharing some great Tips....so pop on over to Top Tip Tuesday for some great inspiration.

Here is my Valentine's Card.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

This time around I chose my paper first and then coloured my image to match. This super cute image is from Bugaboo Stamps and is called Giraffe Heart 2. And so it goes, I made a mistake...again, lol. I based this card on a Tutorial that will be shown to you in 2 weeks at TTT, so you only get to see the front of the card this week:) Yup, brain for sale...any takers??

For a chance at some GREAT prizes, link your creation over at TTT's Valentine's Challenge!

The Sponsor's

Bugaboo Stamps - 7 digi images of your choice


Robyn's Fetish - 4 stamps of your choice


There is also a prize from Robyn's Fetish for the DT's favourite Top Tipper.


Here is a shot to show the heart brad I used...it's dangling from his mouth, and I added Red Stickles to the heart on the tail.


I coloured the image with Copics.

Copics Used:
Body-B41
Hearts-R46
Hooves/Horns/Mane-E42, E43
Nose/Hair-YR30, Y32
Background-E000
Shadow-W1

Tip: If you don't have the right colour of ribbon on hand - dye it. I tend to forget this neat tip. There are several ways to dye ribbon; use your Copic marker and 'colour' the ribbon, or add some re-inker to a baggie (small plastic bag), drop your ribbon in and mush it around until it is dyed, then let it dry, or use a sponge tool and Distress Inks and gently sponge on the colour you want.

This is what I did for my ribbon below...the cream grosgrain ribbon (under the stitched grosgrain one) was too light in colour and you couldn't see it. I used Walnut Distress Ink and sponged on colour until I was satisfied.


Recipe: SS-Bugabo Giraffe Heart 2, PP-My Mind's Eye Love Me Collection, & Fancy Pants Love Story Collection, CTMH CS-White Daisy, Brown Prisma CS, Nestabilities-Labels 18 & Labels 10, Marianne Designs Flourish LR0116, Red Pearls, Grosgrain Ribbon, Walnut Distress Ink, Foam Squares, Making Memories Je t'Adore Brad, Red Stickles, Copics.

To see the inside of the card, be sure to pop back in 2 weeks:)
Enjoy,
Deneen

Edited to add the inside of the card:)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute

Candie said...

Supercute!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! I soooo love how you have coloured the image and these are colours I would never dream of using either!! fantastic Tip too! hugs me x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails