Monday, August 17, 2009

Mini Criss-Cross Cards

I really like making Mini Criss-Cross cards and I hadn't made them in a while, so I sat down to make a few. I hope you enjoy them. I added a short little tutorial at the end on how to make one.

Card Size: 3" x 4"
Inside piece: 2.5" x 3.75"

Card #1
Thinking of You. The flower on the front of the card I stamped and then clear embossed it an attached it with 3D Foam Squares. I used the Stipple Brush around the edges of the inside card piece, and finished it off with a Bigger Brad and Ribbon.
Recipe: CTMH Paper Pack-Emporium, CTMH CS-Colonial White, Vineyard Berry & Sweet Leaf, CTMH Ink-Vineyard Berry, Black, Sweet Leaf & Olive, CTMH SS-Say It In Style, Friendship Blessings & Simple Blossoms, 3D Foam Squares, Corner Punch, CTMH Colonial White Bigger Brad, Dashes, Dots & Checks Ribbon.
Card #2
For this card I attached some ribbon and Paper Flowers to the outside, and put the sentiment on the inside. It came together very quickly. The tab on the inside piece I made myself (see Post below on how to make one from scratch.) I finished it off with a clear rhinestone for the flowers and 2 pink rhinestones for the tab.
Recipe: Francis Meyer Paper-English Ivy, CTMH CS-Desert Sand, White Daisy, Baby Pink & Olive, CTMH Ink-Cocoa, Vineyard Berry, Olive, Sweet Leaf & Black, CTMH SS-Abundance Borders, Sweet Flowers, Say It In Style & Eastertime, CTMH Just Blooms Big Pinks, Prima Flower, Rhinestones, Dashes, Dots & Checks Ribbon.
Card #3


This Mini Criss-Cross card I made quite a while ago, I used it as a thank-you for baby shower gifts.

Recipe: Francis Meyer Paper-Vroom, Vroom, CTMH CS-Lilac Mist, White Daisy, White Daisy Textured & Outdoor Denim, CTMH Ink-Spring Iris & Black, CTMH SS-Special Days, Say It In Style & Flower Child, 3D Foam Squares, Corner Punch, Pencil Crayons.
Here's a short Tutorial on making Mini Criss-Cross Cards
STEP 1
Cut a 12" x 12" CS piece at 3" intervals
STEP 2
Take one 3" x 12" CS and score it a 4" intervals.
Cut the corners off, going from the Score Line to the opposite corner...see photo.
STEP 3
Put a thin line of glue across the bottom (so that you leave enough space for a pocket for your inside card piece to slide in).
Fold over 1 triangle side...it doesn't matter which way your cross your card, my preference is for the left triangle piece to cross on top of the right triangle piece.
Then fold the other triangle side on top.

STEP 4
Cut a CS piece 2.5" x 3.75", to slide inside your 'pocket'.
Embellish away.
And you're done.
I hope you enjoy making your Mini Criss-Cross Cards!

Enjoy,
Deneen

1 comment:

Ibekda said...

I really like your mini-cross card,I will adapt one to make for mother's day. Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails