Monday, December 06, 2010

Photo Holders using a Binder Clip

It's Monday again:) Time for a Heart 2 Heart Challenge. This week the Challenge is Gift Items - No cards. I thought it was the perfect time to share my Photo Holders with you. They make a great stocking stuffer, they'd be perfect for an office desk, or as a recipe holder!

.
I made some for the Craft Show I was at, but in all the hub-bub I didn't take pictures of the first set. Lucky for me a lady ordered 25, so I made sure to take pictures this time. And just in time for the challenge too! I sold them for $1, and hoped people didn't think that was too much for a binder clip, they ended up selling very well.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Magnifique, CTMH Mini-Medley Accents-White Daisy, Pearls, Dollarama Lace.
.
Here's what one looks like with a 4x6 photo in it. (That's Spencer! my guy:))

.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Bella, CTMH CS-Colonial White, Martha Stewart Punch, Prima Flowers, Dollarama Paper Covered Wire, Purple Grosgrain Ribbon.
.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Silhouette, CTMH CS-Black, Martha Stewart Punch, Pearls, CTMH Satin Edge Colonial White Organdy Ribbon.
.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Top Stitch, CTMH CS-Sky, CTMH Mini-Medley Accents-White Daisy, Michaels Ribbon, Brown Loop Ribbon.
.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Veranda, Prima Flowers, Pearls, Dollarama Lace, Green Grosgrain Ribbon.
.
To attach the strips of paper...I go right around the binder clip...(and the lace/ribbon, flowers etc.), I used Sookwang double-sided tape. It comes in many different widths. Very sticky!! Very reasonable. Sharon at the Scrapbook Cottage got me hooked on it. Thanks Sharon:)
These are the 4 widths I use the most 1/8", 1/4", 1/2" and 2.5".
.
So why don't you join us this week on Heart 2 Heart Challenges. If you're needing more inspiration, check out the other creative gift items by the DT, you can click on their links in my sidebar, or head on over to H2H. We'd love to see what you create, just publish to your blog or other public forum, and then head on over to H2H and add your link.
.
Well, I only have 1 more challenge as part of the DT at Heart 2 Heart, and then a new group of ladies (and possibly gentlemen) will take over! I really enjoyed my time on the team:)
.
Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by,
Deneen

2 comments:

Mary said...

What great stocking stuffers! Your creativity always inspires me. I know there is a week to go at H2H but I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the team. It's been wonderful working with you!

Nancy said...

You did a fabulous job decorating those clips. I've seen these made before, but not as elegant as yours!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails