Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspired Stamps - Butterflies Card

Hello, and welcome here. Today I'm sharing a card made with Inspired Stamps. This week we could choose what we wanted to make. I hadn't used my Kraft CS in a while, and I love purple and Kraft together, and that's how I started my card.

Way back in Dec. '10 Antoinette had the first Contest for Inspired Stampers Favourite Verse and I submitted a verse which was choosen as one of the winners! And that's the verse I decided to use on my card....I love that Antoinette chose to make the verse vertically because it fits perfectly on Spellbinders Fancy Tags.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



In one of the magazines that came out recently I saw a card made with butterflies and lace. I thought I would try my version of them. I found some wide lace at Dollarama that had some sparkle on them to use. I finished off the card with a flower that I dyed myself using Copics. I have a Tutorial on how I did that HERE...just scroll down to the end of the post there.

Inside:

I have wanted to try using my Copics on Kraft CS and thought this was the perfect opportunity. I didn't want the Copics to bleed through to the back of the card, so I white embossed the flower on a scrap piece of Kraft, coloured it, and cut it out.


Close-up of flower:



Recipe: Inspired Stamps-Inspired Stampers' Favourite Collection #1 & Flowers, CTMH CS-White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black & Creme Brulee, Kraft CS, Dark Purple CS, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Martha Stewart Butterfly & Vintage Floral Border Punch, Craft Concepts Budding Vine EF, Nestabilities-Fancy Tags, Dollarama Lace, Foam Squares, Marianne Designs Die (flourish) LR0116, White Gel Pen, Recollections Pearl Brad, Copics-V04, V06, V09, 0, Y19, R05, R27, C3, Prima Flower (Copic R85 & 0)

Inspired Stamps Used:
Inspired Stampers' Favourite Collection #1
Flowers

Be sure to stop by the Inspired Stamps blog on Thurs. to check out what the rest of the DT came up with this week. You can also click on the links in my sidebar.
Inspired Stamps Blog Link
Inspired Stamps Store Link

Yesterday I woke up to a bit of a shock. My oldest decided she wanted to have longer hair than her younger sister, so she CUT her sister's hair. We're not talking about 2 & 3 year olds here, lol. They are 10 and 9!!!! And her sister LET her cut her gorgeous long hair, ahhhhhhhhh....okay, it's okay Deneen, it will grow back.Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net Yikes, at least it will be easier for her to take care of at camp:)
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Deneen

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Two beautiful cards. Mary x

B said...

Gorgeous inside and out! Beautiful job

Ashley said...

This is a beautiful card, I love the border! I have something for you over on my blog, please come pick it up! :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

farmhouse-story said...

great post, deneen! what an elegant card and the inside is just as lovely! love your little white dots:)

DEB S said...

I love scriptures on cards and things. So neat

Amy Pitts said...

Just adorable.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Deneen your card is gorgeous, I love the kraft cardstock! Hope you're feeling a little more settled about the unplanned hair cut now.

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

Stunning, Deneen!

Chriss America Real said...

This is a lovely card, thanks so much for the tutorial on using copics on flowers! Just what I needed!

chrissandlou.blogspot.com
america57@comcast.net

Gaylynn said...

New follower. This is beautiful! The trim, butterflies and flowers add so much detail.

http://blog.neatthings-boutique.com

cdm317 said...

Your card is very pretty! Wow, I bet your daughter's haircut was quite a shock! Children can certainly try our nerves!

Myamical said...

Awesome. I love these cards.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails