Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Purse with Template

Hello and welcome here!  Time for some more Heartfelt Creations inspiration, so be sure to check out their site, or I have the DT links in my sidebar you can click on.  Today HC is doing a cross promotion with Scor-Pal! So each of the projects today feature a Scor-Pal product(s).  I highly recommend using Scor-Tape to assemble the purse (and that's not just because we are doing a cross promotion, lol, but I found out the hard way that glue dots, glue stick etc., even Tombow adhesive doesn't hold it together.)

Purse Size:  approx. 6" x 2.25" x 6.75"(H)
This purse was so much fun to design.  For the Template and Instructions, please scroll down.  I originally found the template on the wholesaler biz, but it's no longer there, so I've added it below for you to enjoy.  It was created by Bridget Louw.

Purple is one of my favourite colours, so I used HC Delicate Asters Collection to create my purse. The buckles are just pieces of CS and I used my X-acto knife to cut slits close to the top and bottom, I then wove my straps through the buckle and adhered the whole buckle piece to the purse.

Front of purse detail, the pocket opens!

I stamped the Daisy Patch flower onto light purple CS and then used the matching Daisy Patch die to cut out 2 flowers to layer and embellish my pocket. A piece of velcro holds the pocket closed.

I added some details to the side of the purse as well. I trimmed the flourish on the Decorative Chateau Gate to add here and beside the pocket on the front.

For the back of the purse I kept it simple and just added the flourish from the Ornate Gateway die.

Recipe:  HC PP-Delicate Asters Collection, HC Dies-Ornate Gateway Die, Decorative Lace Border (used on the handle), Decorative Chateau Gate & Daisy Patch, HC SS-Daisy Patch Flowers, Paper Blossoms Molding Mat & Tool Kit, Bazzill Mono CS-Pansy & Ivy, Black CS, CTMH CS-White Daisy, Recollections Pearl Brad, Glitter Brads, Pearl Swirl, Paper Studio Gemstones, CTMH Ink-Gypsy, Foam Squares, X-Acto Knife, Velcro.

Purse & Pocket Template with Instructions

 To PRINT the Purse Template to the size I used, I saved it and then opened it in Publisher...enlarging it until it reaches 11" (the full length of your page), print it twice, cut it out (cutting off the black lines) and adhere the 'middle' pieces of your half purse together to form a FULL purse. (you will turn the one piece before adhering)

This is now the Purse Template you will use to trace onto your CS, or patterned paper. I added the Buckle and Strap measurements right to the Template so that you have them right there each time you use it.  

Do not score and fold your Template, these are the guides to show you where you will score and fold the actual purse you are going to use. 

You will cut 4 Buckles (1" x 1.25") and 2 Straps (0.75" x 12").  Don't forget to use your X-acto knife to add a slit at the top and bottom of your Buckle to slide your Strap through.

For the Pocket, I used the same steps as the Purse for printing and cutting out...the only difference is that it needs to measure approx. 6.25" long (from the top of the rounded edge to the bottom).


Have fun making purses!!
For more purse ideas you can see 2 of my older posts HERE and HERE.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Enjoy,
Deneen

5 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

this is so gorgeous deneen!!! oh i didnt know you were on the heartfelt creations team... do you know i got to work at the australian show with emmalou?? :D amazing!!!! and you have done a gorgeous design with this :D

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutley amazing, I love it!!

Unknown said...

Wow...I love that purse. I will be checking out your older post, for sure.

Glenda said...

This is so creative! Aren't you so clever?

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love this little purse! Thanks so much for sharing the template!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails