Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Top Tip Tuesday Paper Piecing Challenge

Hello and welcome here!  Today I am back to work, I have no idea where the summer went. I thought I would have lots of time to get some crafting done and get ahead but somehow that didn't quite work out, lol.  Today at Top Tip Tuesday the Challenge is Paper Piecing, and a huge thank-you to Heather Ellis for supplying the DT with images.  I used one that I already had in my collection.

 Challenge - Paper Piecing
 
Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
I used Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day by Heather Ellis.  I stamped the image 4 times once on the blue background, once on white CS (for the arms, legs, face, and flower stem), once on the pink PP (for the dress), and once on the cream PP (for the wateringcan and flower).  I fussy cut each piece out and coloured or shaded where needed with Copics.  I also paper pieced the background sky, grass, and cloud with the Memory Box frame.

 Sponsor's
 For a chance at the following prizes, be sure to link your creation to the Paper Piecing at Top Tip Tuesday, you can enter up to 3 times!! For a chance at an extra prize leave a tip on your blog and be sure to leave 'tip' after your name in Mr. Linky.
Don't forget the challenge runs for 2 weeks and closes at 1pm.


Heather Ellis - 3 images of winner's choice


I added layers by attaching some pieces with foam squares.  Her head, watering can, her arms at her hands, and the flower are all attached using foam squares for added dimension...this was my Tip this week.  One bonus of paper piecing is that you don't need to colour in a sky, you can use a piece of CS or PP to make a sky.

Inside:
I love the idea of using the same stamp you used on the outside of the card on the inside as well!

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, YR02, R20
Hair - Y11, Y21, YR24
Heart - R12, R14
Dress - W1, W3
Stem - G82
Outline - W3

Recipe:  Pure Innocence SS-Blooming Good Day, Verve SS-Wishing You, PP-Imaginisce Baby Powder Bubble Bath, Imaginisce For Peep's Sake Spring Fling, BoBunny Powder Blue Dot & My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Saffron "Dream" Filigree Paper, CTMH White Daisy CS, CTMH Ink-Black & Sweet Leaf, Memento Black Ink, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF, Memory Box Small Felicity Frame Die, Papertrey Ink-Clouds Die, Martha Stewart Grass Border Punch, Foam Squares, Copics.

For more Paper Piecing inspiration head over to Top Tip Tuesday, or check the DT links in my sidebar.
Deneen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card I LOVE the paper piecing and love the way you have shaded around the image too! hugs me x

Anonymous said...

First of all...How sweet is this? I like the stamp on the inside of the card. It definitely toes it together - I just never think of it until I see it on someone else's card...Great coloring too! I had so much fun as GDT with you guys this month! Thanks for the inspiration!
Lyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails