Friday, July 28, 2017

Heartfelt Creations July Blog Hop

Hello and welcome here.  It's time for another Heartfelt Creations Alumni blog hop!!  If you've come from Alissa's Blog you're on the right track.  If not, you can find the Blog List at the bottom of my post.

By visiting all the stops and leaving a comment on each, 
you'll be entered to win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Heartfelt Creations store! 



Contest closes Monday July 31st midnight EST.
The winner will be announced Aug. 2nd on the HC Blog and Facebook page.
Good luck and have fun!


Card Size:  6" x 6"
I made some cards a while ago (Card 1, Card 2) using the Paper Ruffle technique found HERE and I wanted to give it a go with Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose Collection paper!  It looks just like material and it uses up scraps!  As a card maker I don't always make 6x6 cards so I tend to have strips of 12x12 paper left, this is a perfect way to use up those strips!!

I wanted to dress up the ruffles with little flowers so I used the Classic Rose stamp and die to make them.  I have a little tutorial below on how I altered them.  I used the Arianna Lace die to make my border, I have a photo below showing how I did that.

Look at those ruffles!  They look just like material.

I stamped the flowers with Versamark and embossed them with white embossing powder.  I then add some light pink ink for a touch of soft colour.  The flourishes I cut apart from the leaves and tucked in behind the flowers.

Bought flowers (on the right) have that nice little green foliage behind them.  I stamped and cut a small Classic Rose in green to imitate this (on the left).

On the left is the stamped and die cut Classic Rose.
On the right you can see I how I cut each petal to make leaves, basically just make the end pointed like a leaf.

I then inked and shaped them, and attached them behind my flowers!!

I used the Eyelet Oval die to cut out a design on the small inset oval.

On the back of the purple patterned paper I attached each die cut.  I found the center along each side first and attached one there...a little higher than the rest for visual interest. I then added the 2 corners. Finally I filled in the spaces with the other die cuts.  I chose not to do the bottom because it would be hidden by the ruffles.


Recipe:  HCDP1-270 Classic Rose Paper Collection, HCPC-3752 Classic Rose Cling Stamp, HCD1-7110 Classic Rose Die, HCD1-747 Arianna Lace Die, HDD1-776 Eyelet Oval Die, HCST1-401 Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, small scrap from Delicate Asters Paper Collection, Spellbinders Floral Oval Die, Versamark, White Embossing Powder, CTMH Ink-Baby Pink & New England Ivy, Bazzill CS-purple, CTMH CS-White Daisy, Pearls, Rhinestones, Stickles-Crystal Ice & Lime Green, Foam Squares.

Now it's time to hop on over to Sarah's Blog!  Thanks for stopping by.
Deneen

26 comments:

merrymstamper said...

Wow, this is incredible. I love all the details you shared to create this beautiful card. The ruffles look so authentic, I thought it was fabric. Great work!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Gorgeous flowers...and I love those paper ruffles!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful flowers. Love how the paper ruffles look like fabric.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Wowsers!! STunning card with gorgeous layers of beauty!! Thank you for the ruffle and leaf technique!! I am learning so much this morning!!

cghundley said...

Beautiful work on
this card. Great
way to frame it
with the dies.
Love all that
purple!
Carla from Utah

boopfan57 said...

Amazing! Love the lacy look!

stampingfool said...

Such a ton of details. Gorgeous!

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely details and dimension! Beautiful color combo on this gorgeous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your bottom border is so fun!

Archana Joshi said...

Its very pretty card.
Hugs

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

A very beautiful card Denee. I love it!!! TFS your creation. Hugs xx

Glenda said...

Your card is beautiful! I love those ruffles and all the wonderful details!

Sue D said...

Very pretty. Love the flowers and ruffles.

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Wow...so pretty! Love the ruffles!

D.Ann C said...

Love the lace and ruffled borders with those sweet flowers!! Bookmarking this to CASE one day... Thanks for the inspiration!

Chris said...

Beautiful card - love the paper ruffle technique, it really adds nice dimension and a unique look to the card!

Patti J said...

So pretty - those ruffles rock! Great job - thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love your use of dies and flowers. This is a beautiful card.

Jade said...

I love the ruffle technique with strips of paper! What a cool idea. Your card is beautiful.

Unknown said...

The ruffles look so realistic. Love the beautiful soft colors on the card too@

Jen R. said...

What great ideas to try!!!

Helen said...

Deneen, this card is wonderful. I learned so much about using pieces of the collections that I already have from your design and tutorials. Thanks for sharing it all on this blog hop, including the ruffle tutorial. Love new ways to use up scraps!

Debbie A Smith said...

the ruffles are very pretty

Unknown said...

Wow! Need to watch your ruffle tachnique. Beautiful card, colors, details, simply - WOW!

Berina RGA said...

Wow!! this is gorgeous! Love your ruffle technique. and the roses. Each and every minute detail is perfect! It's totally worth the time and effort.

Vonnie b said...

This card absolutely wows me...outstanding and stunning! Love the colors and feel and variety of items which combine to perfection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails