Friday, July 25, 2008

Masculine Cards

How many of us have trouble creating masculine cards? I do, because I always seem to want to add ribbon or something for dimension.


Here are a couple of masculine cards I've created. I tried to stay away from the traditional fishing/golfing cards. There's nothing wrong with fishing/golfing, but not everyone fishes or golfs.
.
All cards measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
.
For this card I traced the letter 'H' on CS, and then used a hole punch to punch holes all the way around it. I matted it on paper that would show up nicely through the holes. I free handed the 'happy birthday'.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Outdoor Denim, Ocean & Breeze, pewter brad.
Same card, different colours.

Recipe: CTMH CS-Vineyard Berry, Ocean & Lilac Mist, pewter brad.

I saw a card like this in Paper Crafts Magazine, but I changed the images to make it my own. The lighthouse I stamped in Versamark and then went over it with 3 different colours of chalk. Recipe: CTMH CS-Desert Sand, White Daisy & Vanilla Cream, CTMH SS-Nantucket Retreat, Summer Harvest (squares) & Geometric Thoughts ('enjoy'), CTMH Ink-Desert Sand & Chocolate, Chalk, Natural Hemp.

I saw a card using a layout like this, and again, I changed the colours and image to make it my own. I used the edge of my scissors to get a straight distressed line on the piece of CS running vertically under the image. (This card actually measures 6 1/2" x 5")
Recipe: CTMH CS-Outdoor Denim, White Daisy & Indian Corn Blue, CTMH Ink-Black, Pencil Crayons, Black Brads.

The template for this card I found HERE. (As a side note, I also made a girly version with this template, I'll post it later.)
Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, Indian Corn Blue, Buttercup & Outdoor Denim, CTMH Ink-Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, Black, Heavenly Blue & Garden Green, CTMH SS-Confetti and Favors & Atomic Upper/Lower Case, Pewter Brads.

For this card, I random stamped (in an orderly fashion...lol) the background. The rest is pretty straight forward. I almost forgot, I actually brayered CTMH Ocean Ink onto CTMH Heavenly Blue CS, to give the card some dimension...it's difficult to see in this photo.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Heavenly Blue, Pansy Purple, Outdoor Denim & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black, Ocean, Grey Flannel & Pansy Purple, CTMH SS-Happy Birthday & Birthday Bash (candles), Square Silver Brads.
I hope to get to creating more masculine cards in the near future, so keep checking in to see if I posted some new ones.
Hope these ones inspired you.
Enjoy,
Deneen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails