Friday, July 25, 2008

Pop-up Card Tutorial

I found this template HERE. I made two card versions with the template and thought I'd share how I made them.


Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, Baby Pink & Spring Iris, CTMH Ink-Buttercup, Spring Iris, Blush & Black, Organdy Ribbon, CTMH SS-Friendship Blessings, The Best Way & Cheerful Thoughts, 3D Foam Squares, White Brad, Pencil Crayons, Organdy Ribbon, Decorative Paper Punch.
Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, Indian Corn Blue, Buttercup & Outdoor Denim, CTMH Ink-Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, Black, Heavenly Blue & Garden Green, CTMH SS-Confetti and Favors & Atomic Upper/Lower Case, Pewter Brads.

Here's my version of the template. I wanted to get 2 cards from one piece of 8 1/2"x 11" CS.
I found when I was adding my pop-up image, that it was coming up off to one side...that's why I've edited the template with the Slot and Tab off-centered.
Another thing I learned the hard way...I had cut out 8 before I realized...the Slot HAS TO BE on the same side as the tabs you'll glue to hold your card together. I found out that the sliding card piece will NOT go down all the way because it will get caught on the bottom tab you've glued.
I enlarged the template so that the measurements were easier to read.



Here's what the card will look like with the Tab piece sticking out...this was an earlier version--before I learned to off-center my Slot and Tab.

Here I've added my Pop-up image. The piece that will cover the image is attached using 3d Foam Squares...just make sure that they will not be in the way of the image...so that it can pop up freely.

And there's how to make a cute Pop-up card.

Hopefully I worked out all the bugs for you...lol. I like to share what I learn works and doesn't work with a template...hopefully it will save you some time and frustration.

Enjoy,

Deneen


1 comment:

Beth said...

You do lovely work my friend!
I am nominating your for an award! See my blog for details!

Beth
http://bethstamps.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails