Saturday, July 12, 2008

Waterbrush Card

Here's a card I want to share with you. A little late for Father's Day, but since I didn't have a blog then...lol, I'm sharing it with you now. I used a Waterbrush to colour in the water, sky, and reflections.

Recipe: CTMH Buttercup CS, CTMH White Daisy CS, CTMH Black, Outdoor Denim, New England Ivy, Autumn Terracotta, and Buttercup Inks.



Don't let the word "Waterbrush" scare you. I am not a painter, so if I can do it, you can too....really, you can....don't shake your head at me...lol, I'll help you, okay?



I've written a tutorial to help you become friends with your Waterbrush.

This is just one technique with the Waterbrush...using it like a paintbrush.

You'll need to get some ink, CS (I used regular CTMH White Daisy CS), and your Waterbrush.



If you don't have reinkers (w/ reinkers, you would squeeze a small amount out on the inside of the lid), just squeeze the lid with your thumbs (my other thumb is engaged in taking the picture). And yes, the stamp pad will creak, and groan when you do this, it's okay, that's normal.


This is what the inside of the lid will look like. On a side note, the reason you don't want to pick up the ink directly from your stamp pad is because it will eventually waterdown your ink.


Take your Waterbrush and check to make sure it isn't overly waterlogged. If it seems really, really wet, just 'paint' on a piece of scrap paper to get rid of some of the excess water.

Now, take your Waterbrush and roll it in the ink.



This is what the tip of the Waterbrush will look like loaded with ink.



Now you can start 'painting'. Picture where you want the suns reflection and 'paint' away from this point. Vary the length of strokes you use. Try to keep your strokes horizontal...on one card, I curved down too much, and it did not look right.



Keep filling in the water. At first it doesn't look like much, but once everything is put together, it seems to come to life.

Here's what my lake looks like finished. Now you'll change colours.




To get the blue out of your Waterbrush, just 'paint' on a scrap piece of paper until the colour is out.



Here is the card after I've used yellow.



With the orange ink added.



I brushed orange ink on a piece of yellow CS, then stamped the trees. I then glued it onto the card.

Don't forget to add the reflections of the trees, and the boat in the water. And you're all done.


See, that wasn't so bad was it. Doesn't it make you want to go dust off your Waterbrush?
Have fun!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wonderful card and fabulous blog!!! I have added you to my list of Inspirational Blogs. Thanks for sharing your creativity and craft! I can't wait to see what else you post!

Mary

Stacy said...

WOW! That's all I can say! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails