Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some More Miscellaneous Cards.

I thought I'd post a few more cards I've done over the past year or so.

This card was inspired by Lydia D. I stamped the sentiment on white CS and cut it out so that there was a bit of a white border. I like how it's glued off-center on a piece of solid CS. This card also uses 2nd Generation Stamping. That means that before you stamp on your CS, you stamp it first on a piece of scrap paper, and then stamp what ink is left on the stamp, onto your CS.
The photo doesn't show the vibrancy of the colour very well, but the textured green CS is nice and bright...CTMH Sweet Leaf CS. Again, I used 2nd Generation Stamping for the flowers and stems. The sentiment is embossed with white embossing powder.
I like the weathered look of this card. I stamped the flower first, then wrinkled the CS, and then highlighted some of the more prominent wrinkles. This stamp set...Cherish...from CTMH uses a two stamp method to achieve the highlighted look of the flower.Here's the same flower, but with a different look. I stipple brushed colour around the flower and stem to soften the look. The sentiment is embossed with gold embossing powder on vellum.
I like the look of the frame around the flower. Again, the sentiment is embossed with gold embossing powder on vellum.
This card actually goes back 3 years. I liked the random stamped background, and then using the same stamp as a focal point.
Here's the same stamp as above, but I used chalk to make it pop. You would first stamp your image with VersaMark, and then go over it with chalk...the VersaMark 'grabs' the colour and makes it stand out. I saw this colour combination in a Papercrafts Magazine. I like the look of the four squares on this card.
Here's a simple card, also one of the older ones I have made. The sentiment is embossed with gold embossing powder on vellum.
Here's a card I copied out of an older CTMH Idea Book.
Well, that's all I have time for tonight.
Enjoy, and thanks for looking.
Deneen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails