Wednesday, July 09, 2008

We All Started Somewhere.

Well, here's the card that started it all....I made this card at a Close To My Heart (CTMH) gathering, and I was hooked, especially on the clear blocks and stamps.

Would ya look at that...I just noticed the red strip is on upside down...lol.











So after going to my second Gathering, I just had to sign up as a CTMH Consultant...in Apr. 2005.
.
.
For my Jump Start Gathering (where you invite absolutely everyone you know to help you out by booking Gatherings, and purchasing product etc.) I decided to make bookmarks. These are the 3 I showed as examples. I didn't have very many stamp sets yet, so they were pretty simple.



The blue bookmark was done with the Water Brush...oooohhhhh, aaaahhhh...how fun was that?
.
.


Drum roll please........and in no particular order, here are some of the cards I made when I first joined....laughing is allowed, just don't hurt yourself when you fall on the floor.
.
When I prepared for a Gathering, I would make at least 2 different cards with the same pieces of CS. That way, there were a couple of different options the ladies could see, and hopefully be inspired from.

Effects:
Wrinkling the CS, then sanding to show the white core, sponge daubed edges, and chalks.
















Effects:
Sanding to show the white core, tearing the CS, eyelets, sponge daubed edges, and staples.
















Effects:
The flower is stamped first and then embossed with clear embossing powder.











Effects:
Tissue used to add texture for the background, white embossed flowers, and shadow effect on the thank you.











Effects:
Chalk popped flower, tissue to add texture to the background, embossed flower border on the Buttercup CS, sponge daubed edges, and brads.
















This is a close-up of the embossed border. It was Buttercup Embossing Powder on Buttercup CS, it made for a nice subtle effect.








Effects:
Paper ribbon using fancy scissors.

















Here's a close-up of the ribbon made with scissors.



















Effect:
Brayer Buttercup background...I would take this card along with the card above, to show that if you don't have the paper to match your ink, you could use your brayer to make a solid background...and tearing edges to show the white core.














Ugh, this one was quite pitiful...what was I thinking?...lol.


Effects:
Chalk popped words, sanded CS to show the white core, buttons, and brayered background.
















Effects:
Paper tearing, sanding the paper, sponge daubed edges, eyelets, and ribbon.

















Effects:
Sponged daubed edges, brads, chalked flowers, and paper tearing.

















Effects:
Sanding wrinkled paper to show the white core, 2nd generation stamping, ribbon, eyelets, and sponge daubed edges.












Effects:
Brayered background, chalk popped sentiment, ribbon, brads, and paper sanding.













Effects:
Torn edges to show the white cardstock, brad, and the shadow effect on the thank you.














Yikes, another 'what was I thinking' card...lol.
Effects:
Paper sanding to show the white core, 2nd generation stamping, and brads.
















Effects:
Sanding to show the white core, sponge daubed title, fancy scissors, and button.

















Effects:
Sanding paper to show the white core, sponge daubed edges on square, paper tearing, and brads.

















Effects:
Sponge daubed edges, sanding paper, staples, and natural hemp.













Effects:
Chalk pooped...I mean popped (it's late as I type this)...chalk popped butterfly and happy birthday, chalked leaves, and paper tearing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails