Monday, December 14, 2009

Thomas Kincade Card

I can hardly contain myself...lol!...two of my favourite things, together at last {sigh}---cards & Thomas Kincade!!

I took a Burnished Velvet Technique at my LSS (The Scrapbook Cottage...hi Sharon!) and one of the stamps we used was this Thomas Kincade winter scene--The Night Before Christmas--by Cornish Heritage Farms.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

I knew I wouldn't be walking out that day without this stamp.

Some information on the Burnished Velvet Technique. (Source: Wikipedia)

(I tried quickly to see if there was a website/blog for these ladies just before I posted, but I didn't have any luck...if there is, feel free to let me know, thanks.)

The Burnished Velvet Technique was developed by two women in Vancouver, Canada, Deanna Pannell and Haroldine Wingfield.

The Burnished Velvet technique involves applying ultrafine glitter to one side of double sided sticky tape, then burnishing the glitter with the fingers. The burnishing brings out the glitter's natural sheen plus prevents colors from running together if two or more colors are used in a masking technique.

Here's a close-up of my card & the Burnished Velvet Technique:

It's a difficult technique to photograph, but IRL it's breath taking and will illict oh's & ah's. Later this week I plan to post another card using this technique, so check back.

Recipe: CTMH CS-Moonstruck, Dutch Blue & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Moonstruck, Cornish Heritage Farms SS-Thomas Kincade The Night Before Christmas, Sookwang Double Sided Tape, Crystal Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight, White Organdy Ribbon

Enjoy,

Deneen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe that this is a stamp, your card is absolutely breathtaking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails