Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Cards with Nestabilities Fleur De Lis

Welcome here! Easter is only a week away, and I have 2 more Eastery cards to share with you.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
This first card could also be used for birthday etc. I loved how Nestabilities Fleur De Lis made a beautiful snowflake, but I wanted to use it for more than just a snowflake, so I played around with it and this is the result. I used the square piece, and then attached 2 of the fleur pieces to the back of the image. I coloured the image before I knew which paper I was going to use, and that's why...unfortunately...it has a blue background rather than a purple one. I was running out of time because I wanted to post this card before Easter, so I didn't take the time to colour a new image, but you get the idea of how pretty the card is.
Inside:

Recipe: CTMH PP-Bella, CTMH CS-Buttercup, White Daisy and Pansy Purple, CTMH Ink-Pansy Purple, Petal and Black, CTMH SS-Enjoy Every Moment & Love Flourishes,White Grosgrain Ribbon, Nestabilities Fleur De Lis, Cuttlebug Forest Branches EF, Pearls, 3D Foam Squares, Corner Rounder, Copics-W-1, BG0000, BG96, Y17, YG03.
.
Card Size: 5 "x 7"
.
As I was playing around with Fleur De Lis pieces for the first card, I noticed that it resembled a cross when I turned it on its corner. Here is the result of adding one fleur piece to the bottom corner. I think it turned out absolutely stunning. It is even more vibrant in real life.
.
I tried contacting Spellbinders to see if they had a contest, or something, open to the general public (other than their blog hops for new product), I thought I might have a chance at winning since I've never seen anything like this before. But alas, they don't, so I'm left with posting it on my blog for you to enjoy!
Inside:
Recipe: CTMH PP-Sweet Leaf B&T, CTMH CS-New England Ivy and White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Bamboo, New England Ivy, Blush, Tulip, Petal, Pansy Purple and Sweet Leaf, CTMH SS-Eastertime ,White Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearls, Prima Flowers, Button, Nestabilities-Fleur De Lis & Labels Eight, Piercing Tool.
.
Enjoy!!
Deneen

4 comments:

Lori said...

Your cards are beautiful. I especially love the card with the lily. I should have ordered that set. It is perfect for Easter.

Tracey Jean said...

Beautiful cards. Makes me want to order these stamps.

Leslie said...

Deneen, these cards are stunning. I want that nestie. Only if I can cards this beautiful though.

Jamie said...

Hi Deneen! I found your blog through Lisa Stenz. I just joined CTMH as a consultant about 10 days ago and am LOVING it! I just started my blog so I don't have much yet but will be adding a whole lot here very soon. I just love your work and your blog is hilarious! I just love your Spring Card, I think Topstitch is my favorite paper pack so far but it's hard to have a favorite, they are all awesome! I'm very excited to meet more consultants with CTMH to keep in touch with through blogging, so I would love to add your blog to my sidebar if that is okay with you? I will be checking in often for more inspiration from you! Thanks, Jamie =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails