Thursday, April 07, 2011

Another Trio of Tildas

Welcome Here!!! I always seem to colour Tilda the same way, so I challenged myself to colour her a little different each time. I used the exact same colours, and used the exact same card layout, just changed HOW I coloured her.
.
In the first image, I tried to add pleats...I noticed after, that I should have made them a little lighter around her tummy, but the image was already glued down, and I didn't want to attempt it then. The second image, I kept it light on her tummy, and shaded it until it was darker at the edges...sort of how you would colour a balloon. And last but not least, I coloured in the image with the lightest colour, and added the darker colour right along the edge following just the lines of the image.
.
These are not the only ways to colour, but they were just the 3 ways I tried this time. I would also like to try my hand at colouring images with distress inks..
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

I used a Cuttlebug Flowers Die I've had sitting around collecting dust to make the sparkly flowers...I used AC Cardstock Glitter Paper, so fun!!!:) I joined the MAGNOLIA-licious Yahoo Group several months ago, and they are an inspiring bunch!!! I sometimes feel like my cards pale in comparison, but I'm having fun none-the-less and have learned alot from the group.

.

Image 1:


.

Image 2:


.

Image 3:


.

Inside:


Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy & Lagoon, CTMH Ink-Black & Lagoon, CTMHSS-Say It In Style, Magnolia Stamps-Tilda with A Small Gift, Memento Black Ink, AC Cardstock-Mulberry & Silver Glitter, My Mind's Eye Paper-Tickled Pink "Radiant" & "That's My Girl" Purple Posies, Sizzix Decorative Flourishes, Cuttlebug Flowers Die, Nestabilities-Lables 17, Lace, Pearls, Foam Squares, Rhinestones.

.
Copics Used:
Face - YR-0000, YR00, E00, R02

Hair - W3, W5, 100
Dress - BG10, BG15, BG18
Shoes - C00, C01

Gift - R27, R83

.

Challenges Entered:
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbons - Use or Punches & Ribbon
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Tons of Texture
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund - Seeing Spots
The ABC Challenge - R is for Ribbon
All That Scraps - Anything Goes

.
Hope you're enjoying the Spring weather in your part of the country:)
Deneen

18 comments:

Christina C. said...

Hi Deneen! Your cards NO NOT pale in comparison.....don't make the mistake of comparing!!!! We all have our own style and we all keep learning!!!
Your Tildas are ALL GORGEOUS! Beautiful job on all three!!!!

Deneen said...

Hi Christina, thanks so much for your wonderful comment. I guess that's what it is...we all have our own style, lol:)

Crafts2do4fun said...

LOVE your card and your coloring is so pretty.
I really like the way you did the not coloring it.
I'll have to do some like that. Thanks for a great idea.
I really like the way you did the hair as well.
Super nice cards all of them.

Hope C. said...

I love it when someone does a comparison like this. It's so interesting to see the differences side by side. Someone once the same image twice - one with Copics and another with distress inks. Keep up the great work!

Chris said...

I love that you did this trio! I really enjoy seeing how the same image can be modified. Thank you so very much for sharing!

Judy K. said...

Hi Deneen, love all three! Your pleats are wonderful and I like how you shaded the puffy shoulder on her dress. Great job!!!
Judy K.

Madge H. said...

Deneen, I love how you've put the trio up to see how the end results compare..... Your colouring is wonderful! I especially l-o-v-e the pleats.....I'm still trying to perfect them.
~ rubber hugs, inky wishes ~
Madge

Rene said...

So pretty and your coloring is amazing!!!!
Rene ;D

cabio's craft corner said...

Deneen, you did a beautiful coloring job on this card and love the Tilda you stamped inside too :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sandy said...

Yep - I certainly agree with Christina - we all have our own style and thank the good Lord we do! It is fun to see how we all grow and learn from each other. I love the colors you have used with your card and your coloring is very nice!!!!
Hugs
Sandy

Barb F said...

Very nice job on all 3!!!! Try changing your light source for a real challenge!!!!

Unknown said...

This is a really beautiful card. I love the colouring.

hugs,
Danielle Smid

Unknown said...

Oh my such a sweet card and the colors are so beautiful!!!!!

Lisa Summerhays said...

So cute. Great coloring and I do love that sparkly flower. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Summerhays
7 Kids College Fund DT

Karen Arthur said...

I love the card and the colors...you did a great job.
Hugs Karen

Anonymous said...

She's really precious!! Love your coloring on the image and the sparkly flowers!! Smiles, Vicki

Terry said...

Awesome card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Sue said...

All three images just perfect so it doesnt matter wich method of colouring you use the outcome of your card is the same beautifull !!!! Luv Sue x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails