Friday, September 02, 2011

JustRite Card and Flower Tutorial

Hello and welcome here! I have a card made with JustRite stamps that I wanted to share with you today. The idea for this card came from Stamp It Techniques Winter 2011, pg. 12 by Vanessa Menhorn. I wanted to use my scrolly JustRite stamps and when I saw Vanessa's card I was inspired. (I tried to find an online photo of her card, but had no luck...the issue was out this past spring.)

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


I love that this card is sort of like a chameleon...it's elegant enough to be used as a Wedding Card, or soft enough to be used as a Sympathy Card...even a Birthday Card.

I changed up the colours from the original card (cream and green), and used burgundy and white. I clear embossed the center scrollwork stamp and sponged Distress Inks-Pumice Stone to bring out the embossing. Using the same stamp, I used Pumice Stone and 2nd generation stamping around the edges. I coloured white pearls with Copics RV99 to match my ribbon.


I didn't have the right flower colour for the card, so I ended up making one from scratch. I have a tutorial below to show you the steps of how I did that.


Inside:

Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, Textured CS-Burgundy, Distress Inks-Pumice Stone, Black Soot & Victorian Velvet, CTMH SS-Universal Backgrounds, My Mind's Eye Stamps-Lost & Found Two, JustRite Stamps-Heart to Heart Set & Kindness, Inkadinkado Stamps-Expressions, VersaMark, Clear Embossing Powder, Paper Leaves, Burgundy Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Copic RV99.

Here's the flower I had on hand but it was not the right colour. When looking at it, I thought I could come up with something similar.

















Here's the card again to show you the flower. I ended up using my stipple brush to ink some colour onto it because it was a little too white. It would have been best to ink my flower before making it:)



Challenges Entered:

Ooh La La Creations #87 - No Backing Paper
Simon Says Stamp! - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Celebrate
Charisma Cardz Challenges - Anything Goes
Paper Play Challenges - Make Your Own Flowers
Top Tip Tuesday - Shabby Chic


Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy,

Deneen

13 comments:

Sweetncrafty Gal said...

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to enter our challenge at charisma
this week, your creation is beautiful! good luck hugs & happy crafting
Carlyann xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Leanne said...

What a lovely card, love how you made the flower! Love your inking too.....thanks for playing our Celebrate Challenge!

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful card, love the papers and the ribbon too! Fab tutorial on flowers there! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TTT, good luck and hope to see you again soon xx

Tamie said...

Awesome way to make a flower. Your card is stunning and very elegant. It is a great celebration card. Thank you so much for celebrating our birthday with us at 4 Crafty Chicks and for sharing your stunning creation with us. Have an amazing day :)

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh I love to see creativity in action. Great tutorial and unbelievable how perfectly they match the bought one. Great job!
Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "Shabby Chic" challenge.
Good luck to you and happy stamping...
Lisa xx

Lori Turner said...

What a GORGEOUS card! I love your homemade flowers - I will try your technique...thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

DesigNeAl said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Ooh la la with your No Backing paper creation; we hope to see you again soon x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Deneen, what a beautiful and elegant card. I love your gorgeous flower and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Terry said...

Thank you very much for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, your creation is lovely. Fab colors..Hugs Terry xxxx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card, Your flower and tutorial is brilliant so perfect love it, Just wish you had added Tip nedt to your name! This is something really worth sharing!!!!

Thanks for playing along this week at Top Tip Tuesday with our 'shabby chic challenge!

Don't miss this weeks 1st Birthday bash and challenge hugs Samantha - Top Tip Tuesday :0)

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous beautiful card and what a fab tutorial.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Tine said...

Hi. Great card & thanks for the tut on the flower. It is gorgeous.
Tine :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails