Sunday, November 25, 2012

Craft Show Goodies

Hello and welcome here!  I thought I would share a few things I made for the Craft Show here in town.

Moving left to right:  Journals-$7, Mini Notebooks-$3 or 2/$5, behind them are the Giant Clothespins which can be used as photo holders or recipe card holders etc. $3 or 2/$5, Mini Photo Holders (from large binder clips) $1, my handmade cards-$3 or 4/$10 (these are the cards that I post on my blog)

On a small table to the right of the big table:  my girls helped make Magnets-$0.25, and Hemp Bracelets-$2...they got to keep any money made from selling these.  And finally my $1 Christmas cards, and Clearance cards-$1.

Here's a full cookie sheet full of magnets, we started with a total of 350 magnets (not all fit on the front)

This is what we started with on the 2nd day...and we sold all but 6, which we are now using on our fridge!

I don't have a closeup of the magnets, but we punched circles out of pattern paper...you can see Mickey Mouse, soccer balls, music notes were gone the first day....we then added a drop of CTMH Liquid Glass, also known as Glossy Accents etc., and centered the stone (clear vase filler stones, they're flat on one side and rounded on the other) on the paper.  We let them dry overnight and then added a drop of Liquid Glass to adhere the magnet to the back.  I found out that there are different strengths of magnets...I bought some at Walmart (which in the end ended up being too big anyways), and some from Michaels.  The ones from Michaels were smaller, but they also were quite a bit stronger than the larger ones from Walmart.

The reason I sell my Christmas cards for $1 is because many people like to buy multiples at this time of year, so I try to keep it affordable for them and for me.  I don't layer and add a whole lot of embellishments like I normally do, but I keep them Clean and Simple, and I think elegant at the same time.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
 
I used Cuttlebug's Heritage embossing folder on green CS, and gold embossed the poinsettia (from Our Daily Bread called Blessed Christmas) onto cream CS, I finished it off with a bit of gold Stickles in the corners.
 Inside:

Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
I embossed the cream CS with Sizzix Raspberry Frame, I gold embossed the word 'Joy' (CTMH Baroque Alphabet) onto cream CS, and then matted 'Joy' and the card with red CS, I finished it off with a piece of knotted red grosgrain ribbon.
The gold embossing reflects nicely.

Inside:

Keep checking back, I have lots more to share from my Craft Show.
Enjoy,
Deneen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW you look like you were busy! LOVE the pictures and lovely to see your lovely daughter too! hope the sale went well xxx
hugs me x

Misty Morgan said...

Love all your creations and the magnets were a great idea. You are so talented and your daughter is adorable. Looks like everyone had fun! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm a new follower! Have a great day!

Misty
http://cardsbygeyda.com/

hippierae said...


what did you punch the circles of paper with for the magnets?

Unknown said...

I really love the magnets and the cards. Your prices are too reasonable... the supplies have to at least cost what you are charging so you aren't getting much of anything for your creativity or your time. You are very generous. God will bless you for your sacrifice.
I used to try and cross-stitch for the public but found people were not willing to pay me for my time. Love crafting and making holiday crafts. Thanks for sharing your talents.
Merry Christmas!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails