Monday, April 05, 2010

Masculine Cards

Good morning! I hope you had a great Easter. I ate a few too many chocolates, and then felt yucky, you'd think after 39 Easter's I'd know better, lol!!!
.
I thought it was time to add a few more masculine cards to my stash, you do realize Father's Day is coming up...too fast if you ask me. Yikes, 2 months and it will be June!!! But alas, I digress...on to the cards.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
I'm really pleased at how this card turned out. I like the 'roughness' of it. I also kept the sentiment basic so that it could be used as a Father's Day card or a Birthday Card.
.
I have a short tutorial on how to make a double ended tag into a single ended one....just scroll down.

.
Recipe: Patterned Paper-My Mind's Eye Pajama Plaid, CS-Light Green Embossed Stripe, CTMH CS-New England Ivy, Outdoor Denim & Bamboo, CTMH SS-Relax, Doodle Alphabet & Beautiful Things, Twill Ribbon, Antique Copper Brads, Natural Hemp, 3D Foam Squares, Copic W-1, Nestabilities Ribbon Tags Trio, Cuttlebug Argyle EF.
.

Here's the same layout, but with a different image. Not all guys are fishermen, but what guy doesn't enjoy cars, or a least looking at them. I made the metal ring by wrapping 24 gauge gold wire around a round highlighter. It's hard to tell, but I cut the car out and used 3D foam squares to pop it off the page.


.
Recipe: Patterned Paper-My Mind's Eye Pajama Plaid, CS-Light Green Embossed Stripe, CTMH CS-New England Ivy, Colonial White & Cocoa, CTMH Ink-Black, Cocoa, Chocolate, New England Ivy, Outdoor Denim, Grey Flannel & Cranberry, CTMH SS-Relax, Doodle Alphabet, Flyin' High & Raccoon & Friends, Twill Ribbon, Antique Copper Brads, 3D Foam Squares, 24 Gauge Gold Wire, Copic W-1, Nestabilities Ribbon Tags Trio, Cuttlebug Argyle EF.
.Tag Tutorial
.
Just a note: You don't have to trim the tag (step 2), I just find it easier to see where I want to place it.
.
And now I have a 3rd card to share with you today...I was on a roll making masculine cards. This card was inspired by CTMH Sista Jennifer Diaz.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
The image of 'Happy Birthday' is embossed with Black Embossing Powder and attached with 3D Foam Squares. I like this colour combination. For the background, I applied Vanilla Cream Ink directly to the CS, then applied Desert Sand with a Stipple Brush, I finished off the edges with Desert Sand and a Sponge Dauber. It's difficult to tell from the photo, but it has a marbled look to it.

.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Indian Corn Blue, White Daisy, Chocolate & Autumn Terracotta, CTMH Ink-Bamboo, Vanilla Cream, Desert Sand, Cocoa, Autumn Terracotta, Chocolate & Indian Corn Blue, CTMH SS-Happy Birthday, Cupcake Sprinkles, Piece of Cake, Birthday Bash, Twill Ribbon, Antique Copper Brads & Mini Brads, 3D Foam Squares, Black Embossing Powder, Versamark Stamp Pad, Cuttlebug Diamond Plate EF.
.
You may recognize this card, I have posted it before. I tweaked it a little, and since this post is to inspire masculine cards, I thought I'd post it again.

.
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

4 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

All of your cards are great Deneen!! I especially like how you used all of the different sentiments on the last card.

Mara said...

Oi Deneen! Estou encantada com o teu trabalho, teus cartões são maravilhosos, parabéns!!!
Já sou tua seguidora.
Abraços do Brazil!

Jamie said...

These are great Deneen! I too have Father's Day cards high on my priority list as well as Mother's Day. They will be here before we know it. I love how you kept most of the cards sentiments simple, that way they would look terrific in frames as well!

DonnaMundinger said...

Great cards! Love how masculine the embossing looks with the sanding on your Father's Day cards. Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot. xxD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails