Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thomas Kincade Cards

Time for some more Thomas Kincade cards, and a couple of techniques. I prepared these for a card class at The Scrapbook Cottage, they were alot of fun to make.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

For this card, I used Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint (clear). I stamped CTMH Chocolate Ink on cream CS, cut it out using Nestabilities, and then painted it with the Crackle. I let it dry about 10 minutes, and then helped it along with my craft heater. In the areas I spread the Crackle a little too thick, the craft heater actually made the Crackle bubble.


Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
For this card, I stamped the image in black, and then coloured it in with Copics. Silly me didn't keep all my recipe info (before sending it to Sharon, hi Sharon), so I don't have a list of the colours I used. To make things easier to colour, the path and the brick wall are coloured in with a base coat first, and then highlighted with other colours. I used a white gel pen to add flowers along the bottom of the greenery.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
This card was alot of fun. I stamped the image on vellum, and then coloured the back with Copics. To finish off the card, I cut the shape out of the card, and attached the vellum piece on the front, I then covered up the edge by attaching a border with foam squares. (I used Nestabilites Labels Twelve).

Here's a shot with the light shining through the vellum.
Enjoy,
Deneen

1 comment:

Scrappy Mel said...

Gorgeous cards. I didn't know they had these stamps, but I still going to leave them for the pros.-Like you. You are incredibly talented with your colouring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails