Monday, May 31, 2010

2 Cards for H2H9 Challenge - A Sketch

Welcome here, the challenge this week over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is a Sketch.

The first card I created, I stayed very true to the sketch, while the second card I made, I took some liberties with it.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
I was wanting to use some new paper I got, Passages. I had planned on using more on my card, but ended up just using the one pattern. I also wanted to embellish my card with pearls, but I only had white, so I coloured them with Copic E33 and they blend in really nice.

.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Passages, CTMH CS-Chocolate, Barn Red, Creme Brulee & Colonial White, CTMH Ink-Black & Chocolate, CTMH SS-Live Inspired, Martha Stewart Layered Arches & Gothic Arches Corner Punch, Nestabilities-Labels Eight, Labels Four & Fancy Tags, Pearls, Foam Squares, Ribbon, Copics W-1 & E33.
.
Card Size: 5" x 5"
.
.
For this card, I used the sketch and tried to think out-of-the-box a little. The star I embossed with clear embossing powder and Prisma Glitter, and the arrow is embossed with just the clear embossing powder. I also used Foam Squares behind the one end of the arrow, which you can see better in the photo below.
.

Recipe: CTMH PP-Stardust, CTMH CS-Moonstruck, White Daisy & Honey, CTMH Ink-Topiary, Moonstruck, Black & Honey, CTMH SS-Shining Star, Star Struck & Cupcake Sprinkles, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, Prisma Glitter, Ribbon, Foam Squares, Rhinestones.
.
Don't forget to check out the other samples from the H2H Design Team to help inspire you, and then link up so we can see your creation!
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

2 comments:

Lorrinda said...

I love both of these cards Deneen! Hard to believe they both started with the same sketch, they're so different!

Anonymous said...

Love your cards, Deneen. Beautiful work, as always! Thanks for being our Guest for May and for playing along with H2H!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails