Monday, January 31, 2011

2 Masculine Birthday Cards

Good chilly morning:) Thought it was about time I posted again. My daughter had a birthday this past weekend, {sniff} and she turned {sniff} TEEEEENNNNNN {wahhhhhhhhhh}. Double digits, where does the time go?

.
On to what ya came for....CARDS!!! Today I have some guy cards to share. I totally lifted this from the lovely Lorrinda Holman over on Isn't That Sweet?! Her blog is packed full of ideas, and she's currently on the Design Team over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. You can see her card HERE. I wasn't kidding when I said I lifted it, lol:)
.
Card Sizes: 4.25" x 5.5"
I masked an area first, then sponged the top with Creme Brulee and Bamboo, toward the bottom I sponged Grey Flannel. The trees are stamped with Grey Flannel, Olive, and then New England Ivy. I removed the mask and stamped the big tree with New England Ivy. I then clear embossed the tree to make it stand out a little more. (see photo below). I tied hemp in the corners.
Recipe: CTMH CS-New England Ivy, Black & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Bamboo, Creme Brulee, Grey Flannel, Olive, New England Ivy & Black, CTMH SS-Beautiful Things & Happy Birthday, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, Hemp.
.
The second masculine card is stamped with a new image available in the new CTMH Catalogue. I stamped it with Black ink and coloured it with chalk.
.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Miracle, CTMH CS-Colonial White & Twilight, CTMH Ink-Black, Chocolate & Twilight, CTMH SS-Summer Breeze & For Every Occasion, Nestabilities-Labels 15 & Labels 16, Twill Ribbon, Foam Squares, Chalk, Antique Brads.
.
Hope you have a great day!
Deneen

3 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Awesome cards Deneen! Thanks for the shout out. I've lifted some of your ideas too, so I'm happy (and flattered)to share :)
I adore the lighthouse scene you made here, I've been eyeing that stamp in the book...

Megan said...

are you showing the backs of the cards or the envelopes?

they are lovely.

Deneen said...

Hi Megan,
It's the inside of the cards:) Thanks for asking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails