Tuesday, January 25, 2011

H2H Challenges, A Card and My Desk

Hellllloooooo {said like Mrs. Doubtfire} For those of you who have seen that {ahem} older movie. Sorry I haven't posted sooner, I have a ton to share with you too. I'll probably post each day, just to catch up. We got a new computer, and not all the programs made it onto the new tower. Grrrr, especially my photo imaging program. It seems to be somewhere in the depths of the computer, but I don't know how to get to it. So, while we wait for our friend to drop by and fix that, I couldn't hold off any longer, and had to learn a new photo imaging program. The photos seem almost over exposed now. You can barely see my watermark. Maybe my photos were too dark before, and I just didn't notice, because it seemed normal to me. Anyways here they are.
.
Anyhow, please, please, let me know if this editing is really awful on the eyes, or if it's just fine.
.
The first photo is for the Heart 2 Heart Colour Challenge. They've changed things up a bit over there, and you have until the end of the month to get your entries in. And look at that, the end of the month is THIS week. The colours to use are: Sky, Pear, Colonial White &/or Sorbet. You can click on the link just above, to see the colours if you need.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
I used Damask Tiles for the background, because it is a busy pattern, kept the other items fairly simple. The butterfly is embossed with Clear EP, and the wings are raised with Foam Squares. I was in a hurry, and didn't think about getting a close-up.
.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Colonial White, Sky & Pear, CTMH Ink-Sky, Pear, Black & Outdoor Denim, CTMH SS-Damask Tiles & Find Your Style, Foam Squares, Nestabilities-Squares & Lacey Squares, Versamark, Clear EP, Pearls, Satin Edge Organdy Ribbon.
.
The 2nd H2H Challenge is sharing how you organize your schtuff. Well, that was easy to get in almost 1 shot for me, lol. {with a Vanna White pose} Tadah, here it is. Okay, once you pick yourself up off the floor from laughter, you'll see that I'm actually quite organized, really, or maybe you can call it an organized mess:)? Maybe you'll see something that you can incorporate in organizing your space. Ppffffft, yeah, nice try Deneen:) If you dare, read on.


First off are the drawers (which I bought at different times, hence the different colours, yes, it bugs me that they're not all the same colour) that I store finished cards, flowers, ribbon, and excess product that I wouldn't use everyday in (the little container is scraps that my girls love to pick through. All my CTMH B&T paper sits vertically, within reach of my desk. My stamps are stored in a 3-drawer container (that I wished I had picked up 2 of, when I had the chance, because now I can't find them that size), you can see the top of it in the bottom right hand corner. My Spellbinders are sitting in front of it at the moment. On top of my stamps sits a container for my blocks, sponges, sponge daubers, embossing powder, chalk, yup it all fits in there:) And on top of that is one 12x12 container that holds non-CTMH paper:) P.S. The quilt made by my Gramma (a good 40 yrs ago which she used to cover her hope chest), covers my hope chest made by my dad:)
.
In the 2nd photo you can see my itty-bitty desk space (only because I have no where to keep a file of all the ideas I want to try, and so I share the front right corner with it). My Copics, CTMH Markers & Inks, and Stickles, sit nicely above my desk space. My CS is stored in the 12x12's on the right hand side of the photo, yup, it goes from almost the floor to just out of camera range. I fit 1/2 a season in each drawer, starting with Spring-Harmony, then Spring-Blossom etc. My brads, pearls, rhinestones, white CS scraps, and eyelets sit in the white container on my desk. And just at the edge of the photo on the right side, I store adhesive, 2 1/2 drawers of punches, 2 drawers of more stamps, and a drawer for my double scrubber and other misc. items. I almost forgot to say that my Cuttlebug, and folders sit on a stool in the space just to the right of my desk. I'm actually sitting on our bed to take the picture, lol.
.
Phew, if you read all that, way to go! Thanks for taking the time to check out my crafting space.
.

I'll see ya tomorrow,
Deneen

9 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Deneen, the card is beautiful, and it doesn't look like the photo is too bright at all.
Your craft space is like mine, everything within arms reach!
Thanks for playing along with us :)

Leslie said...

Deneen I love the card. The image is great. It shows off a beautiful card that, of course, I want to duplicate.

Jenn Joncas said...

Too funny Deneen!! I figure if you have room to get things done, that's the main thing, right!? I saw those drawers you have your stamps in at Walmart the other day, but the stamp didn't fit perfectly (yes I brought one with me to the store) so I didn't buy them. Then when I changed my mind and went back they didn't have any ):

Your card is gorgeous by the way!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love your card - the background looks fantastic! And your space is great. I love that everything is within reach & you know where it all is. I have the same idea pile as you!

Karen Day said...

I guess great minds think alike, right? I started my pear/sky card exactly like this... Damask tile background in sky on colonial white! Then I scrapped it and went in a totally different direction... Anyhoo - this is really lovely as always, and it's great to see where all that creativity comes from. Thanks for sharing your card and your space with us at H2H :o)

Melinda Everitt said...

One of the prettiest cards I have seen with this stamp set.

Corina said...

Hi Deneen!
I agree, it is one of the pretties cards. You have so many supplies, its amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at H2H!

Peachy Wessels said...

I think you did a great job in organizing all of this craft stuff! It is funny how it just keeps growing, especially with all the great new products that keep coming out! Thanks for sharing your space!

Lisa Stenz said...

Your card is beautiful! (I feel a stamplift coming on...) *Ü*

Your craft space is amazing! I love how everything is within arms reach like Lorrinda said. My stuff is all over the place. LOL! Thanks for sharing with us!! *Ü*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails