Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hello from Tilda:)

This stamp from Magnolia is called Longing Tilda, and I envision many different ways to use her, for instance she could just be hanging out and saying 'Hello', or maybe she's waiting for her Prince Charming, or maybe she's concerned that you're feeling under the weather, etc. I just think she's adorable, and I hope you like her too.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Because I'm still a newbie to Maggies (Magnolia Stamps), I don't have any backgrounds yet, so I made due with what I had. I thought the shape of Nestabilities Labels 4, and the oval, looked like a window, and so that's what I used. It's difficult to see, but the white border is on foam squares, so that Tilda can lean on it...she's also on foam squares. I like to use lots of dimension with my cards. The patterned paper is a little washed out, (grrr to my new computer for that...still trying to get my old photo imaging program back), but it's very bold in real life, the pinks stand out from the black.
I paper pieced her shirt...I'm lacking a little in variety of Copic colours, but they've been ordered, yeah! And the photo editing available to me, grrr computer, makes her look a little washed out. but she's so cute, none-the-less.
.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Sweetheart & Sophia (both avail. Feb. 1st), CTMH CS-Whte Daisy & Gypsy, CTMH Ink-Black & Pansy Purple, CTMH SS-Gracious Greetings, Memento Black Ink, Pearls, Rhinestones, Impressabilities-Flower Silhouette, Nestabilities-Labels 4 & Petite Ovals, Corner Rounder, Martha Stewart Swirling Lace Border, Prima Flowers, Grosgrain Ribbon, Foam Squares.
.
Copics used:
Skin-YR0000, 00, R02, E00
Hair-E08, 31, 33, 37
Shirt-Paper pieced
.
This card qualifies for:
*7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog - I challenged myself to create a background for Longing Tilda without using a background stamp.
*OLLCB - 3 flowers, 3 spiral twists.
*Simon Says Stamp and Show - My Grandparents had two huge flower beds, plus little ones all around, when I was a little girl...I wished I had appreciated its beauty more as a child...the flowers remind me of that, and Tilda reminds me of when I was a little girl.
*Top Tip Tuesday - Use flowers.
*Paper Cutz Challenge - Anything goes.
*RRR Challenge - Purple grosgrain ribbon, hearts on the paper.
*Stamp Something - Something cute is Tilda
*Let's Ink It Up - Anything goes.
*Simply Create - Punches/Nestabilities...me used both:)
*Pile It On - I used paper with hearts on it
.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate all your comments,
Deneen

33 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Tilda is positively adorable. I love the paper pieced dress and the beautiful window you created for her with the flowers all around her. You did an awesome job on this card...hugs and blessings...Barb

Card Crazy said...

Lovely card. You've done a wonderful job and I agree that Longing Tilda is so versatile. Great idea for framing her.
Sue S.

Judy K. said...

Sooo cute Deneen! You don't need background, she's perrrfect all by herself!!
Judy K.

Jean said...

She is so adorabel Deneen, love your paper piecing and your background you made yourself.. It looks so great.. A really great card... TFS
Hugs, Jean

Anonymous said...

super cute Tilda creation Deneen! Charming and delightful!
Pam Going Postal

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours you have used
Jose

DesigNeAl said...

Thanks for joining us at Ooh la la this week with this beautiful Tilda card! We hope to see you again soon x

Sandy said...

I would not worry bout having any background stamps - what you have done is beautiful and creative - love the pearl embellishments and that paper pops! Wonderful card Deneen!
Sandy Dehon

Unknown said...

Fabulous creation, Tilda is coloured beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Deneen! Love how you paper-pieced her dress. Hugs, Cami

Eiglas said...

Lovely card Deneen, super pallette, details and colouring!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Chris said...

Nicely done. I love how she seems to be leaning over the ribbon. Just a side note, you don't have to always use Magnolia stamp backgrounds. I just posted a card on my blog where I used a farm stamp from Stamping Up and put Tilda in front of it sitting on a fence. I have other stamps in mind as well to try. Let your imagination lead you.

Great job on this card. I love it.

Rene said...

This is beautiful! Great job...love the background without using a background! Perfection!
Rene ;D

Wendi said...

A beautiful card love all those pearls and that flower is gorgeous
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, I love your paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at LIIU
Claire xx

Kelly said...

I really like the colors and paper you used on this card. I like the idea of paper piecing her dress, I think I may give that a try, thanks for the idea. I do love your card.

Pen to Paper said...

Awww, she's adorable! I love her!!! I love how you've colored her and her top and the pearls are precious. The rose just calls to me, it's so pretty!

Hugs,

Jackie

Mascha Zimmerman said...

What a adorable girl,bye Mascha

Christina C. said...

Beautifully done! Love the paper piecing and the wonderful way you colored her hair!

Jane H said...

Beautiful work! She is just adorable and I love how you used the label.

Leslie Anne Avila said...

awwww, your card is just precious! Loving those pearls, they're the perfect accent!
Beautiful job.
Blessings to you~
Leslie

Unknown said...

So cute, so sweet, love it!!!!

Sharon said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. TFS

Shirl said...

Tilda looks so hugable and I love your flower. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, don't worry about background stamps. Your card is not lacking at all! Beautiful work!

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful! Simply Beautiful! Nothing lacking at all. I love it!

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card and cool layout on this Tilda card. How beautiful and gald to see you enjoy your Magnolia stamps. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Really Lovely card, Beautiful flower, and I love your background too! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope we see you at Top Tip Tuesday next challenge too! Hugs Samantha :0)

Katie said...

Cute card!
Thanks for sharing the Love at Pile It On this week :)

Caroljenks said...

This is gorgeous - and you're so right about that Tilda being so adaptable...I think I may have to add her to my collection soon!

Thanks for joining us for our 'Fabulous Flowers' challenge this week at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Bonnie Garby said...

Great card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Lisa Summerhays said...

Seriously love it! The layout with all those half pearls is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Lisa Summerhays
7 Kids College Fund DT

Chris said...

What a darling card! I love that image and your coloration is perfect. I also really love the design you used.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails