Sunday, January 16, 2011

My First Tilda!

Hello there, and welcome here on a Sunday! I just couldn't wait to post my first ever Tilda stamp. These cutie stamps are made by Magnolia, and I've been eyeing them for a while. I've been improving my Copic skills and finally decided that I could do these cute stamps some justice.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

.
Here's a close-up of Valentine Tilda. I was having a hard time with blending, partly due to the cardstock I'm using, and partly my skills. Then I saw THIS awesome card by Zoe from her Make It Crafty blog, and knew I had to learn how she did pleats. So my next image is almost done, and thanks to Zoe, {mwah} Thank-you Zoe!!!!!, my pleats have really improved, and so has my blending. I paper pieced her pink shirt because I didn't have the Copic colour I wanted.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Bella, CTMH CS-Amethyst, Pansy Purple, Olive & Colonial White, CTMH Ink- Bamboo & Black, CTMH SS-Katrina Relief, Magnolia-Valentine Tilda, Nestabilities-Labels 4, Impressabilities-Flourish, Cuttlebug Die-Vintage, Pearls, Prima Flowers, Foam Squares.
.
Copics Used:
Hair-E31, 33, 35 & 37
Skin-E00, YR0000, YR00, R02
Dress-BV02, 04 & 08
Socks-CTMH Bamboo Ink & Blending Pen
.
I've been lurking over at Copic Creations Challenge Blog, and I finally have a card to submit for one of their challenges....Challenge 42, What's New. I used my new Magnolia stamp!
.
Thanks for stopping by,
Deneen

29 comments:

Karen said...

Very pretty! : )

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just delightful! I too am following Zoe's blog to learn more about coloring pleats and adding high lights and shadows! I think you've done an excellent job and are well under way with this techinque!
Hugs,
Barb

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card, Deneen! Love the papers and design!
hugs, Sharon

Card Crazy said...

Perfect Tilda. Hope you'll share lots more. I can see you're a fast learner :)
Sue S.

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous coloring Deneen!! You did this card in a very sweet way and the layout is so pretty. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Janiel/ janny said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You have the coloring down girl!! it's beautiful!! FAB job with it... You have learned fast..

hugs, Janiel

Myrna said...

Beautiful job of coloring your Tilda. You're doing wonderful on your pleating! :-)TFS!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love your layout and your coloring is beautiful! hugs, Angela

Rene said...

Pleats have been the bane of my existence for about two weeks now! I think yours are GREAT! This is a very pretty Tilda, beautifully colored! Fantastic job!
Rene :D

Candy said...

Oh Deneen!
I love to hear someone as excited as you are!
What a beautiful card you have made. Sure doesn't look like the first Magnolia one ever!!!
Your colouring is delightful and so are your papers and embellishments :o)
Tilda is as cute as a button!
Hugs, Candy

Rosie said...

Oh Wow, this is adorable...and I recognize that paper. I've got to go pull it out of my stash. :) Your coloring is fantastic! Zoe is a master of pleats....I wish I could just sit next to her while she colored!

Pam said...

Your first Tilda card is fabulous!TFS
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Purple Princess said...

She is just Gorgeous!

Leslie Anne Avila said...

You've done an absolutely perfect job on the coloring. She is just gorgeous!
Blessings,
Leslie

Mara D. said...

so cute! pretty good, it's actually very beautiful. good work!

Chris said...

This is absolutely adorable! You did a great job of coloring your image! I love the stamp you used for the sentiment. It's a very pretty card!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Sandy said...

OMG - your coloring is wonderful - absolutely wonderful. Congratulations on work well done!!
Sandy Dehon

Zoe said...

Wow Deneen, you have done an excellent job at colouring those pleats!! And the way you coloured her knees is perfect! Great shading and depth. I am always so happy to hear I have inspired others. Thank you so much. I just love the layout of your card too, it's so pretty and what a great idea to paper piece when you haven't got the colour you are after. Hugs xxoo

Julie said...

Wonderful job with the coloring. Gorgeous job!

Julie

Chris said...

Gorgeous! I love purple.

Kathy said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is gorgeous!
:)Kathy

Kathy McMahon said...

Very cute card. I am going to have to get me some nesties in that shape.

Peachy Wessels said...

What a really cute card! Those Tilda stamps are really adorable. You did a great job coloring your stamp!

Catherine Atkinson said...

I think you did a great job coloring and blending Tilda! I like the dp, too.

Jane Wetzel said...

First I gotta tell u that I love your blog banner! YOUR first TILDA is just amazingly colored and I LOVE your card! GLAD u joined us at Copic Creations!

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is fantastic--what a wonderful 1st Magnolia card! Beautifully colored and beautiful details--you did a great job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jean said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous coloring and layout.. you did great with your pleating and coloring of Tilda... gorgeous layering. Great job for your 1st Maggie...
Hugs, Jean

Cheryl said...

Soooo happy we got to see your work on the Copic Creations challenge! You color beautifully!
I love this Tilda and the shading on her dress is wonderful!
Thanks for joining in the Copic Creatins challenge!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, Deneen, this turned out awesome! Your coloring is great and this image is just adorable. Great job on this. Thanks so much for entering it in our Copic Creations challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails