Thursday, January 27, 2011

Same Card, Different Colours & A Short Tutorial

Welcome here, it's the third day in a row posting for me:) These were actually uploaded and edited on the old computer, but I just hadn't had a chance to post them yet. Actually last week I was not moving very well, I had a virus that caused inflamation in my back. I was in so much pain, I could not sit, move, or even talk without pain, never mind trying to cough. But it's gone now, bye-bye, see ya later, gator. Amazing what difference a week can make. I slept lots, and not in bed, lol. I had to sleep sitting up in a chair, it was the only way I was comfortable. Then, not a few days later I discovered I had tonsilitis, yup, the pain medication worked so well I felt no pain, lol. It was getting really hard to swallow, and I decided I should look at my throat, yuck, so off to the doctor's again.
.
Enough about me, you came to see some cards! These were inspired/cased/lifted from the lovely Vicki Wizniuk. She used different paper, but I used her idea. I tried to make a more masculine card...not sure if the flower kind of nips that in the bud...and a more feminine one.
.
Card Sizes: 4.25" x 5.5"
The middle piece is on foam squares, and see the flower, feminine or not-so-feminine, hmmmm, not sure.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Magnifique, CTMH CS-Outdoor Denim & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Pacifica, Black, Sky, Lagoon & White Daisy, CTMH SS-Herat to Heart, A Little Everything, Piece of Cake & The Present, Martha Stewart Pinking Scallop Border Punch, Rhinestones, Foam Squares.
.
Here's the same layout, just different paper:
I dyed the red flower with Copics, I saw it over on I Like Markers, and gave it a try. It was super easy, and fun to do. And because Copics are alcohol based rather than water based, they dry quite fast. Just below, I'll show you how I dyed mine.
Recipe: CTMH PP-That's Amore, CTMH CS-Cocoa & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Tulip, Black, Blush, Vineyard Berry & Olive, CTMH SS-A Little Everything & The Present, Martha Stewart Pinking Scallop Border Punch, Foam Squares, Copics-0 & R59, Prima Flowers, Petaloo Flowers, Rhinestones.
.I photographed them on Black CS, so you could see it a little better.
A - shows what the flower looks like before I dye it
B - shows where I coloured with my Copic marker, right on the flower
C - shows what the flower looks like after adding a drop or two of colourless blender
You can see how the Colourless Blender 'pushes' the colour out to the tip of the petal. Here I used 1 drop right from my refill bottle (do this on a scrap piece of paper!!). I added another drop to push it right out to the edge. How fun is that!!! Easy-peasy, as my girls would say:)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've been inspired to go create!!
Deneen

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Cool beans. Where do you get the colorless blender liquid? It almost goes without saying that I love the cards, cuz I love all your work.

Ronda Archangelo said...

Thanks for the terrific tip...can't wait to try it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails